eleven.

Meeting The Alpha

~~~~~

"she did everything for everyone else and never gave a moment of thought for herself

"she did everything for everyone else and never gave a moment of thought for herself."

~~~~~

Contrary to most people in the world, Isaac Lahey had quickly become someone that Hope cared about.

There were many reasons behind the fact.

One of them being that she didn't have many people in her life who she talked to. It was like when someone would come into her life, she would immediately become attached to them. It happened when she met Benjamin when she was a child, with Erica when she was a little bit older, with Levi when he came over, with Peter, and with Lydia—that one ended the worst out of the bunch, clearly.

But then the most recent was Isaac.

Then there was also the fact of his demeanor and physical behavior. Hope had picked up on the smaller details, whether it had been during class or the few times that he had come over to her house.

She took notice of his behavior when he was talking to people. The soft tone, the not so subtle flinching at any sudden movement, and the way he just went with whatever the other person wanted, not what he did. The bruises that lined his torso, on his face, on his knuckles, and no doubt were elsewhere. Lastly, the way that he would disappear for days on end before popping back up was more closed off than before.

The most recent thing for her had been the issue that Isaac had been gone from school for the past three days. That was on top of the two days that he had been missing last week. Then when he had been there earlier in the week, he had been super dodgy.

Now that it was after school, Hope had decided to check up on him and see if he was okay. She also had been warned by Mr. Harris—the best teacher in existence—that she needed to complete the assignment with her partner from last week and this week. It was more so that the man had practically threatened to fail her if she didn't complete them.

So with her concern and determination intact, it led her to driving to the Lahey residence.

~~~~~

Hope walked up the steps to the house, her eyes briefly glancing over at another house in the neighborhood. She saw Jackson outside of it, throwing something away. His general presence made her roll her eyes before redirecting her attention to the door that she had made her way towards.