twenty-two.

To Be Continued

~~~~~

"everyone either left her or ended up dead

"everyone either left her or ended up dead....it was all about just waiting to see when."

~~~~~

When Isaac woke up the next morning, he was disorientated by the unfamiliar surroundings. He rapidly blinked his eyes, getting rid of any residual tiredness that was still lurking around from being asleep. He then took a second glance at the room.

He recognized it.

He was in Hope's room.

The previous night then came flooding back to him. His dad had had gotten upset about his slipping grades in History class, Isaac had fled the house as soon as his father made his way upstairs, and got on his bike and made his way all the way across town to the one friend that he had this town.

Isaac immediately began to feel bad about unloading all of his baggage onto her instead of just sucking it up and dealing with it himself. He knew that she didn't need anything else weighing her down in life, but he did it anyway. He told her about his father just so he wouldn't have to keep it all in.

He felt awful about it.

But he figured that if he went and apologized about, Hope would very stubborn tell him that is was fine.

So he decided that he shouldn't do that either.

The teenager boy glanced downwards and saw that Hope was asleep on his chest, looking more peaceful than he had ever seen her. Her auburn hair was falling into her face, contrasting against her light colored skin. A faint smile was on her face—he wondered what she was thinking about.

He also took notice of the way that he had wrapped his arm around her as the two of them had slept. He was surprised by his actions because he hated when he touched people or when people touched him. But here he was, perfectly fine with it when it came to the teenage girl that was cuddled up against him.

The thought brought a small smile to his face.

It was an odd feeling for him.

Hope soon stirred awake, her eyes fluttering open, realizing that she had fallen asleep on top of Isaac. She quickly moved away knowing how uncomfortable it made him, even though she ended up missing his warmth.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have—"

"It's fine, Hope," Isaac replied, pushing himself up so he was sitting upright like she was. He glanced at the clock and took notice of the time, his eyes widening when he saw the time. Even if he left right now, he wouldn't be able to make it back in time before his father awoke on his bike.