thirty-six.

Real Friends

~~~~~

"good riddance, right? you wouldn't want my sloppy seconds after all

"good riddance, right? you wouldn't want my sloppy seconds after all."

~~~~~

"I thought you just wanted to talk."

Hope was quickly walking down the hallway, leaving Matt where he was standing, still staring at her. As she was walking, she kept her attention trained on the conversation that was happening within the locker room between Allison and Jackson.

She wanted to make sure that Allison was okay.

"Us girls have got to stick together," Was what her Aunt Rebekah always said.

"I-I-I changed my mind," Allison stuttered out.

Hope could hear her heartbeat picking up.

"Is it Scott? Is it that whole thing? I still can't believe you actually think your little Romeo and Juliet story is gonna last," Jackson spoke.

His voice made Hope want to hit him.

Repeatedly.

"You know, he's eventually just going to run to Derek and join up with him and his little wolf pack. Maybe he'll even get himself a new girlfriend....maybe Hope? She's probably his type. Hot, strong, heroic...He'd probably leave you for her in a heartbeat. I know I would."

Jackson was just spouting bullshit in Hope's opinion.

"If don't realize that, then you gotta be the stupidest bitch in this town...Well, other than Scott, since he's a pretty stupid bitch himself..."

"Stop. Just stop!"

Hope was about to push open the door as Jackson continued to speak.

"What are you going to do, Allison? Hmm? When your stupid bitch of a boyfriend turns on you? They kill your aunt. They almost kill Lydia. Who do you think's gonna be next, hmmm? Your Uncle that cares more for some random little orphan girl? Not you?"

Hope opened the door to the locker room, looking around to see where the two other teenagers were, but Jackson and Allison didn't notice her yet.

"No, no, it can't be you, because you're in love. Is that what you tell yourself? Hmm? "Scott's different, and everything's gonna work out because we're in love." Well, if that's what you believe, then you're already dead. I just-I just hope your dad has been teaching you moves to protect yourself..."