Chapter 5 Run

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

As soon as my math class was over Nezuko was outside waiting for me. She grabbed my hand and lead me to the lunch just as she did yesterday. When I try to tell her I knew the way so she didn't have to come anymore. She quickly shut that down stating that she enjoyed walking to lunch with a friend.

'she is too cute' I thought

When we finally enter the lunch room we grabbed our food before heading to the same table we sat at yesterday. I took a seat in between Nezuko and Aoi. My heart clenched being so close to two cute girls. I was about to dig into my food when I notice a gloomy Inosuke seating across from me. I stopped what I was doing and just stared at the pouting man.

"Inosuke are you okay," I asked

"I thought it was unusually quiet" Aoi commented

Inosuke looked up at me still holding the pouty look on his face.

"I wasn't fast enough," Inosuke said in a small voice

I knew he was still upset about this morning. Inosuke was tough but he could be a man child sometimes.

"Inosuke there will be other days to try and catch me. I promise" I said

My attempt to cheer up Inosuke didn't work he continued to pout.

'Inosuke, you are strong, fast, and quick. I just got lucky today" I explained

Inosuke face became red with my praise. His mood flips like a dime turning it into a bright cheerful mood.

"Your right I am great and next time I am going to kick your ass" Inosuke shouted as he took a heroic stance

The whole table let out a groan now the Inosuke was back to normal.

"Now give me your food underling," Inosuke said while trying to grab my plate

I pulled my plate away from him and this led to a shouting match between Inosuke and me. The whole lunchroom was staring at us as I had to shovel down my food while fighting away Inosuke. Thankful Tanjiro offered his food to Inosuke who eagerly took it quitting him down.

When lunch was over Tanjiro lead me to my next class which was cooking class. He wasn't in class with me but his music class was right next door. I liked talking to Tanjiro he reminded me of my mother. Always asking me if I was okay and how I was feeling. He really was the best boy.

I said bye to him at my classroom door before making my way inside. This room was different from the other classes. Instead of desks, there were different cooking stations. At the cooking stations, there was a sink, oven, burners, pots, baking pans, and other cooking materials. I went to the teacher's desk at the front of the class. She was a thin woman who looked as if she had just graduated college. She greeted me with a bright smile that warmed my soul.