Chapter 22 Headband

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

I stared at the missing person flyer that hung on the school bulletin board. It had a picture of a teenage male and I knew him. He had been the guy who try to molest me in the broom closet. It was the same guy Akaza had saved me from and now he was missing. My heart was thumping hard against my chest so when a hand touched my shoulder I flinched. The hand withdrew once I flinched.

"Sorry Y/n I didn't mean to frighten you"

I turn to see Akaza standing behind me he was worriedly looking at me. My heart was still thumping hard I took a deep breath trying to calm myself.

"It's fine Akaza I was just lost in thought" I replied

"I thought you were afraid of me for a moment," Akaza said with a laugh

Even though he laughed it didn't seem like a joke. There was something dark behind what he had said but I couldn't place what. Akaza's eyes moved to the missing person's poster there was a dark glint in his eyes. He must have noticed his mistake because he tries to act concerned.

"I can't believe someone so young went missing" Akaza sounded concerned but I knew it was fake

"yeah I hope they find him soon" I commented

"Of course, they will," Akaza said an unsettling smile spreading across his face "just be careful Y/n I have a feeling he won't be the only one to go missing"

I shouldn't feel uncomfortable with Akaza but I do. A shiver was sent through my body chilling me from inside so I wrapped my arms around myself to try and stop the chill.

"I should go to class I'll see you later Akaza," I said trying to get out of the conversation

"See you later Y/n"

Akaza said to me as I walked away. I was trying to rack my brain around all of this. Even if I couldn't remember a lot of the game it seems wired to add a missing person into a dating simulator. What if my being here was changing the story but in a bad way?

I had to get out of my head

I try to push those thoughts out of my head as I got ready for gym class. Since Kokushibo shared this class with Akaza and me I knew he wouldn't speak to me. Akaza wouldn't want Muzan to know about our friendship. This made me relax since I knew I wouldn't have to deal with Akaza's strange behavior.

"What do you think y/n"

I was pulled from my thoughts by Mitsuri's question. Mitsuri was doing stretches with Shinobu as she asked me the question. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't remember getting changed, leaving the locker room, and streching with my friends. My face must have looked like a deer caught in the headlight because both girls were looking at me worriedly.

"Sorry what?" I asked confused

"Do you want to go with us to the new cafe after school today" Mitsuri re-asked her question