Chapter 19 Science Fair

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

It was the day before the school science fair the plan was to go home and get to bed early but somehow I ended up at the convent store buying junk food in the middle of the night.

"I have a problem," I said looking at the basket full of snacks

I join the line of waiting customers waiting to be checked out. They all seemed to become impatient many checking their wristwatch over and over while others tapped their foot. I peeked around the person in front of me to see the person at the front register rummaging through their bag. The customers in line only got more impatient the longer the person took.

"Hurry up" An angry male shouted from his spot in line

The girl whipped her head around staring daggers at the male. I quickly hid behind the person in front of me when I saw Daki's piercing green eyes. The woman in front of me looked at me strangely as hid behind her small frame. I put my finger to my lip and let out a small shhh. She shrugged and turn around facing forward again.

"Ma'am if you don't have the money to pay then you need to leave" the employee from behind the counter said

"I have the money somewhere" Daki snapped back

I peeked around the woman in front of me again to see what Daki was buying. On the counter was a box of tampons. I could have just waited for the employee to kick Daki out but my consciousness wouldn't let me do that. My feet moved on their own as I started to move to the counter. I passed by all the frustrated shoppers until I was next to Daki.

"I told you to wait for me Daki since I have our money," I said placing my basket on to the counter "Could you please add this to the bill"

The employee rolled his eyes as he started to ring up my stuff. I couldn't look at Daki the fear I felt was too intense.

"That'll be 2000yen(will say it $20 American and some change)" the annoyed cashier said with a sigh

I handed him the exact amount and I could hear a sigh of relief come from the employee and shoppers. Daki snatched her bag before stomping out of the store. I thanked the cashier and grabbed my bag then exit the store. Daki was there waiting for me and I was waiting for the beating of a lifetime.

"I didn't need your help so don't treat me like a charity case" Daki shouted at me

"I know but I couldn't stand the thought of someone not having tampons during their period" I stated

Daki got in front of me pointing her finger into my chest. If I wasn't so afraid I made have been captivated by her beauty.

"If you tell anyone about this I'll have my brother break your legs" Daki threatened me

I was too nervous to speak so I just nodded my head up and down. She backed away from still glaring daggers at me. I reached into my bag pulling out a chocolate bar I had bought. I held it out to her like a scarfie to a god. Daki snatched the chocolate bar out of my hand.