part 8

Ryujin sits on the hospital bed staring into space while Karina is next to her just watching her. Tears continuously fall down her face but her face showed no emotions.

She hears the door open but didn't bother looking to see who it was. Karina stood up to get out of the way.

A loud slap echoes in the room, Karina gasps then covers her mouth. "Where the hell were you!?" The voice yells.

Ryujin didn't answer and just looked down. She was suddenly engulf into a hug by the man who just yelled at her a few seconds ago.

"We were so worried about you. Why didn't you contact any of us? Do you know how scared I was to get a phone call from a hospital saying something happened to you?" The man now cries.

Ryujin did not move or say anything.

He lets go of her and he decides to talk to the other girl in the room.

"Hi. I'm Shin Wonho, Ryujin's father" he offers a handshake.

"Oh I'm Karina, Jinnie's friend" she bows and accepts his hand.

"Jinnie?" He looks at her confused.

"It's the name she introduced herself to us."

He nods and looks back at his daughter who's still not moving or saying anything. "What happened?" He asks Karina.

"Uhm her mom died then she punched a mirror" Karina says with her hands in her pockets.

"She was with her mom this whole time?" He shouldn't be surprised but he was.

Karina nods. Mr. Shin hugs his daughter again, "I'm sorry about your mother."

Ryujin cries in her dad's shoulder, "Dad, she hated me so much. She didn't even want me to call her mom. What did I do?"

"You didn't do anything, honey. There was a reason I wanted to protect you from her." He says.

"But dad, when Sohee was still alive. She was nice to me" she sobs.

"That's probably just show because of Sohee. Sohee was a nice girl where your mother wasn't. I'm sorry Ryujin" her dad rubs her back.

"I'm sorry for running off. Does Yuna hate me?" She asks.

"Yuna could never hurt you. She waits for you everyday and she will be happy to see you again. Just don't run off again okay?" Her dad says in a caring tone but still serious.

Her dad pulls away from the hug and looks at her. "You've grown up so much. I missed you" he says slightly tearing up.

"I missed you too dad. Can we go home now? I want to see Yuna" she says.

She looks at Karina who was still in the room, "Thank you for your help Karina. I don't know how I would have managed without you."

"Just don't forget about us Jinnie" Karina smiles.

"I would never" Ryujin chuckles.

------

Ryujin slowly walks into their house anticipating an angry sister to greet her. She was surprise when a giant hugs her. She taps the giant's back, "can't breathe."

The taller girl let go, "Unnie I missed you! I'm so happy you're back! Oh my god! Chaeryeong unnie is gonna go crazy and you have to meet our new friends!"

"Yuna, calm down. I have a headache and I'm so tired" Ryujin says pinching her nose bridge.

Yuna looks down to see her sister's hands coverd in bandages, "Unnie! What happened?"

"I'll tell you later okay?" Ryujin says.

Yuna nods.

"Go to sleep unnie. It looks like you really need it but can I lay down with you? I really missed you" Yuna asks looking down.

Ryujin smiles, "Let's go then. I definitely need to sleep."

They make their way to Ryujin's bedroom. The shorter girl looks around first to see what changed. It's been so long since she last saw her room but everything stayed the same.

"We didn't touch your room because we didn't want to get scolded when you come back" Yuna laughs.

Ryujin hums and continues to look around. She actually did miss this place. This felt like home where she felt accepted. Tears started forming in her eyes again but she quickly wipes it away before Yuna sees.

Yuna is laying on the bed just watching her sister walking around. She can't believe that her sister is back.

Ryujin lays down next to her, "I'm sorry Yuna. I'm sorry for leaving you and not telling you where I was. I know I should have contacted you but I didn't."

"It's okay unnie. You're here now. Just don't leave me again" Yuna says as she lays her head on her sister's chest.

Ryujin wraps her arm around Yuna's shoulder, "I'm not leaving. I regretted leaving. I should have come back as soon as possible but I felt guilty that my mom was alone but it turns out she didn't even want me. She died hating me."

Ryujin told Yuna everything she went through. Her other sister's death being the reason she left. Her mom's drug addiction and being alcoholic. Her mom hating her since the beginning.

"You don't blame yourself do you?" Yuna asks.

Ryujin shrugs, "Maybe. I should have left when she first asked me to. Maybe she would still be alive."

Yuna looks up at her, "Unnie, I don't mean to sound insensitive but whether you were there or not. I think the outcome would have been the same. She was hurting and she wasn't coping in the healthiest way. Don't blame yourself for something you couldn't control. You tried to help her but she refused. We can't help anyone who doesn't want help."

Ryujin takes some loose strands of Yuna's hair and put it behind her ear, "Sometimes I feel like you're the oldest between the two of us."

"I can be since I am taller than you" Yuna teases her sister's height.

"I'm hurting you know" Ryujin pouts.

Yuna hugs her sister tighter, "I know unnie but I'm always here for you. I can be your younger sister and your older sister at the same time. I'm not planning to replace Sohee unnie but I can be whatever you need."

"Just be Yuna. That's what I need" Ryujin squeezes Yuna's shoulder.