part 28

Later that day, Lia came home from work to see Yeji is already home.

"What the hell? You skip work and don't tell me? I find out from Chaeryeong that you're not there? I was waiting for you!" Lia scolds.

Yeji doesn't mind her scolding because she's too happy right to let anyone or anything ruin her day.

"I didn't skip. Ryujin and I hung out today."

"What? Went on a date already?" Lia asks.

"Not an actual date. She calls it friendly date. It's really cute actually" Yeji laughs remembering Ryujin's cuteness today.

"Are you gonna get in trouble with your seniors for leaving like that?" Lia asks worried for her friend.

"I don't think so. Ryujin told me that she got permission from her dad" Yeji says.

"So tell me what happened."

Yeji did just that. She shared with Lia what they did that day. What they talked about. She said everything with the biggest smile on her face. Finally, things were starting to line up again for them.

Yeji also shared about receiving chocolates from her secret admirer which she still doesn't like the idea of.

"I hope this secret admirer won't come between you and Ryujin like Heejin did. I don't think I'm ready for another drama between you two" Lia shares.

"I hope we're good too. We made a promise with each other to always be honest and communicate. I know it's easier said than done but I really don't want her to run away with someone again. It really hurts to see her with someone else" Yeji sighs.

"It hurt us too. You two act so stupid" Lia laughs.

"We didn't. Things just got out of hand because someone lied about being her soulmate" Yeji argues.

"Well if you told her it was you then that probably wouldn't have happened" Lia argues back.

"Shut up. It's over now. Ryujin and I are good and we're gonna stay that way."

"Besides, aren't you supposed to be on the phone with your soulmate now?" Yeji teases.

"She's busy right now" Lia not affected by Yeji's teasing at all.

------

"Ryujin!" Her dad comes in looking upset.

"What?" Ryujin replies while playing a game with Yuna and Chaeryeong.

"When I said you could take Yeji out for the day, I meant mention it to her seniors first before leaving" He says.

"I didn't know that. I thought you were gonna do that. You are the boss" Ryujin looks at him with a straight face.

Chaeryeong smacks Ryujin, "That's why the seniors were upset that Yeji just left like that without saying a word."

"Yes. A couple came to me asking what happened. I told them my daughter is an idiot and forgot to mention that Yeji was leaving for the day" he rubs his face.

"I may or may not have stopped listening once you said yes to me taking Yeji" Ryujin nervously laughs.

"I'm pretty sure that leaned hard towards the may part than the may not" Yuna butts in.

"Is she gonna be in trouble?" Ryujin asks worried now.

"Not from me since I was aware. Her seniors and colleagues might treat her different. So just make sure you stay with her tomorrow and keep watch no one will pick on her" he suggests.

"Dad, why are you letting me do this? I mean I literally just took one of your employee for the day and you're not mad. I failed to mention it to her seniors, you're just upset instead of screaming at me? You usually hate me when I involve myself with your employees but why aren't you acting like that with Yeji?" She asks.

"Would you rather have me scream at you like before?" He asks instead of answering her questions.

"Of course not. I'm just curious why you aren't acting like that now" she explains.

He chuckles a bit, "Ryujin, when you would hit on my employees in the past, I knew you had no interest in them. You just wanted to have fun. Don't think I didn't know about your no commitment reputation. First, I didn't want people to think my daughter is a jerk that just plays with people's feelings. Second, it's awkward when I walk around the building and I overhear people talk about you and your little make out fun. Third, I was worried about you that you'll never want to settle down. I know you're still young but it didn't show that you were growing up at all so seeing you actually approach Yeji with sincerity, makes me happy."

"Dad, when did you become so sentimental?" Ryujin asks with her eyes wide open.

"I've always been sincere you assface! We were having a serious moment" he says.

Yuna and Chaeryeong started laughing so hard.

"Oh my god. Your dad just called you assface" Chaeryeong says in between laughs.

"Dad, that was awesome" Yuna praises her dad.

Ryujin ignores them and went to hug her dad, "Thanks dad."

"But just to make sure, you are serious with Yeji right? I don't want to lose her. She's a really good choreographer" he says while still hugging Ryujin.

He feels Ryujin shake her face against his chest, "I'm serious about her. I'm still worried about the whole soulmate thing and I still feel guilty about pursuing her because of Sohee unnie but I want to be happy too."

He pulls her away and look into her eyes, "Your unnie will be happy for you. You're forgetting that I was there for some parts in her life. She's a good kid. She was so proud to be your sister when you were first born. She was willing to do anything just to see you smile because you were such a grumpy baby. You shouldn't be guilty about that because I know she will be okay with it."

Ryujin started crying now. She's missing her sister but also over the fact that what her dad said help ease the guilt she feels when she thinks about being with Yeji.

"I'm also sorry for keeping you away from her. Even though I knew how much you cared and loved each other. I was so focused on protecting you from your mother that I didn't care about your bond with her. I'm sorry I failed too. For trying to take her away from your mother. Since I'm not her biological dad, there wasn't much I could do to get her" he says sharing information Ryujin didn't know about.

"You tried to take her?" Ryujin asks.

"Yes. I wanted you and her to be together. I know your mom has issues but every time the officials would go to visit her, she would magically become a competent mother again" he says.

"But if she was incompetent, why did she take it so hard that Sohee unnie passed away?" Yuna is now the one to ask.

"Because that's still her daughter. She was the only family she had left."

"I was there though. Does she not see me as family?" Ryujin says sadly.

"When I left her, she hated you too. It's not right for a mother to do that but she did. She said you remind her of me too much. But my point is, be happy with Yeji. Your unnie will be happy for you two so you shouldn't be guilty" he smiles at her.

"Thanks dad" Ryujin hugs him again.

"Okay okay, this is too much for your old man" he jokes.

"I love you dad. I'm sorry again for leaving" She says as she let go of him.

"It's okay. You're here now. That's all that matters" he says giving her a kiss on the forehead.

Yuna goes towards them, "I want a hug too dad."

"Of course, my princess" he chuckles then hugs Yuna too.