part 35

After about a week, Ryujin is recovering fairly well. Yeji still receives gifts from her secret admirer and she remembers Lia said that Karina is her secret admirer.

The idea just doesn't make sense to her. She doesn't see Karina as the type of person to hurt Ryujin like that. They seem pretty close. Maybe Lia just misunderstood the situation.

"You look like you're lost in your thoughts" Lia says to Yeji.

"I'm just thinking about the secret admirer being Karina. It doesn't make sense to me. She wouldn't do that to Ryujin" Yeji says.

"I know what I saw" Lia shrugs.

"Should I confront Karina about it?" Yeji ask.

"Maybe? Talk to Ryujin first maybe?" Lia suggests.

"You're right. I'll talk to her later after work when I go see her" Yeji says. She's not sure how to bring this up to her like 'hey one of your closes friends is giving me gifts claiming they're my secret admirer' it just sounds crazy, she thought.

The whole day at work was very distracting for her. She keep thinking of ways to tell her about Karina without trying to break up their friendship.

'Ugh! Why do I have to attract so many people?' She laughs at herself because of her silliness. It was finally time to get off work.

She starts packing her stuff in a hurry when she feels someone standing behind her. She turns around to see Minho.

"Oh hi oppa" she says awkwardly.

"How's Ryujin?" He asks.

"She's good. Recovering well. She's already back to her playful self" she says trying to be friendly.

"That's good to hear. So I was wondering, if you're free tomorrow, maybe I can take you out on a date?" He asks nervously.

"I'm sorry oppa. I'm not interested" she says as she finishes packing.

"Well I should get going oppa. See you tomorrow" Yeji smiles.

"Yeji, wait" he says so Yeji stops.

"How about next week?" He asks.

"Oppa, I'm sorry. I'm just not interested in you at all. I like Ryujin" Yeji says seriously hoping Minho would leave her alone.

"Why? She's just going to hurt you Yeji. I've known her longer than you. You'll just be her play toy then get rid of you when she's tired of you" he says making her angry.

"You may know her longer but it doesn't mean that you know her better. I'd appreciate it if you keep your opinion to yourself. I'm a big girl and I can make my own decisions. I'm choosing to be with Ryujin and if I get hurt in the end, then it's my fault. You don't know Ryujin like I do. You just see a part of her that's not even correct" Yeji says before walking away.

She stops and turns around one more time, "I would also appreciate it if we keep things professional between us. No small talk, only work related conversations."

She walks out of the building and hails a taxi to go to the hospital. She holds her chest trying to control her breathing while sitting in the taxi. She can't believe she just did that to her senior.

"Ma'am, were here" the driver says to the zoned out girl.

"I'm sorry" she pays then gets out of the taxi.

She makes it to Ryujin's room and enters without knocking. She sees Karina in there laughing with Ryujin. She frowns thinking is Karina just playing with Ryujin's feelings?

"Yeddeong! You're here! I miss you! Karina is okay and all but your presence is better" Ryujin smiles with a sparkle in her eyes.

"Thank goodness you're already here. I've had enough of this annoying girl for one day" Karina says laughing.

"Take care Ryujin and you too Yeji" Karina says leaving the room right away.

Yeji leaves her bag by the door and sits on the chair Karina was sitting on next to Ryujin. She holds the Ryujin's hand while looking at her in the eyes feeling conflicted whether she told tell Ryujin about Karina or not.

"What's wrong Yeji?" She squeezes Yeji's hand. She can sense that Yeji is feeling troubled about something.

"It's about my secret admirier. I think I found who it is" Yeji say almost in a whisper.

Ryujin let's go of her hand, "You're not happy about it?"

"Not at all. I don't even see why she would do this" Yeji sighs.

"What's wrong with what she's doing?" Ryujin asks clearly hurt.

"I don't like her at all" Yeji exclaims loudly now.

Ryujin creases her brows, "What?"

"I'm sorry Ryujin" Yeji says looking down.

"What!?" Ryujin says again trying to hold back her tears.

"I didn't want you to find out this way but I feel like I should tell you. It's the least I can do" Yeji sighs.

"What's going on?" Ryujin panicking.

"Karina is my secret admirer" Yeji finally says.

"What?!" Ryujin asks completely not expecting that.

"Lia saw Karina handing a gift to the front desk lady at work and that same gift was given to me saying it's from my secret admirer. I wasn't sure if I should tell you since I know how close you are with Karina" Yeji say feeling sad.

"You think Karina is your secret admirer?" Ryujin asks in disbelief.

"Should I talk to her about it?" Yeji asks.

"No no. I'll do it. Don't worry about it" Ryujin says now calm.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I'll take care of it Yeddeong" Ryujin smiles.

"You're taking this a lot better than I thought you would" Yeji asks suspiciously.

"Because Karina is not your secret admirer. I know who her soulmate is and I also know she loves her soulmate" Ryujin explains.

"Then why did Lia say she saw Karina?" Yeji asks.

"Not sure but it's not from Karina. Winter is her soulmate but don't tell anyone" Ryujin whispers.

"Oh my god. I'm so glad. I was so worried because I didn't want you to fight with Karins. I know how much you care for each other" Yeji takes a breath of relief.

"Now cuddle time please" Ryujin opens her arms wide waiting for Yeji to come to her.

Yeji smiles at the girl's cuteness but went along with it.

"I thought you were gonna break up our non official relationship" Ryujin says while holding on to Yeji tight.

"Why would you think that?" Yeji asks trying to pull away to try to see Ryujin but the latter just squeezes her tighter.

"Because I'm crazy" Ryujin laughs.