part 23

Ryujin went to visit Karina. She needed someone to talk to.

"I don't know what to do. I feel like I really screwed up with Yeji. Then I'm so stressed with Heeji. She keeps complaining about her needs and such" Ryujin vent out.

"Do you feel the same connection with Heejin like you do with Yeji?" Karina asks.

"Not really. With Heejin, I feel everything I do is forced but with Yeji. I don't know. It's just different with her. It's hard to describe. She looks so adorable all the time. She's like a baby. I know she's taller than me but she acts so small sometimes that I want to put her in my pocket and take her home" Ryujin smiles faintly thinking about Yeji.

"From the looks of it, Yeji is the one you want to be with. So why bother with Heejin? So what if she's your soulmate. You still have your choice. Your will power. If you work hard then you and Yeji will make it" Karina explains.

"I thought so too. I was finally going to pursue her after my internal battle of guilt since my sister liked her too but then she tells me that my sister is her soulmate? Now every time I see her I will constantly be reminded of my guilt for liking Yeji. So many people in the world and we have to like the same person. How fucked up is that?" Ryujin punches the wall.

"First of all, don't damage my property. Second, don't break your hand. And third, I'm sure your sister would want you to be happy even if it means being with Yeji. It's different if she's still here but sadly she's not. So why not make yourself miserable? I'm sure she would understand" Karina says.

"What about Yeji? What if she only likes me because she's reminded of her soulmate when she sees me? What if everything she feels for me is actually for my sister and I'm just a replacement? What if she's just settling because her true soulmate is gone? If I do pursue this, how am I gonna live everyday thinking she's with me for all those reasons, not because she truly wants to be with me?"

"You didn't think this before. You were ready to choose her regardless of soulmates" Karina states.

"Before I just thought Sohee unnie likes her but now I know they're actually soulmates. That changes everything. Before it was a choice between them but now it's destiny."

Karina walks to Ryujin, "So you're just giving up?"

"She won't even talk to me and she barely looks at me. You can't give up when you weren't even given the chance" Ryujin scoffs.

"Can I be honest with you?" Karina asks and Ryujin nods.

"I don't like Heejin for you. Your soulmate is supposed to be your other half. You're supposed to complement each other. Balance each other. You see me and Winter. You always tell me that we're perfect for each other. That's how you figured out she's my soulmate. All I've seen Heejin do to you is stress you out. Whether you pursue Yeji or not, I think you should break it up with Heejin regardless" Karina says.

Ryujin stares at her for some time before speaking, "I'm scared. I never really broken up with anyone. All the girls I've been with knew ahead of time that make out is the farthest we will go. No sex or relationships. What if she cries in front of me and I cave in and stay with her?"

"Do your passive aggressive thing. Where you call people out but your tone is soft" Karina laughs.

"I'm serious. How did I get myself into this mess?"

"Because you don't think. Even if she was your soulmate, you should have gotten to know her first before agreeing to date dummy" Karina flicks Ryujin's forehead.

"I'm so glad I came here. I can get advice and be abused at the same time" Ryujin rolls her eyes while rubbing her forehead.

"And it's all for free. Aren't I so kind?" Karina smiles.

"So what do I do?" Ryujin asks seriously now.

"Well it sounds to me, you won't let yourself be with Yeji even though you like her. Her being your sister's soulmate complicated things and you're torn. Whether to be with someone you want or to be loyal to your sister. Are you willing to give up your happiness for your loyalty?" Karina asks.

Ryujin starts thinking, "I honestly don't know. If you would ask me this a while back, I would choose loyalty 100%. It wouldn't even cross my mind to go after the same person my siblings like or any family. But meeting Yeji, I can't shake off the feeling of being drawn to her."

"Can you break up with Heejin for me? Please?" Ryujin suddenly asks.

"Why would I do that? She's your girlfriend, not mine" Karina says shaking her head.

"But you don't like her for me" Ryujin pouts.

"That's not gonna work on me. I've known you long enough, you're cute face doesn't affect me anymore."

"When did it ever affect you? I don't remember you doing anything I asked while making my cute face" Ryujin argues.

"Maybe that means your face is not cute" Karina laughs.

Ryujin tackles Karina to the ground tickling her. She sits on her stomach so Karina can't get away. They stop when they heard someone cough by the door.

"Is she your girlfriend unnie?" Ningning, Karina's sister asks.

"Ewww. Don't ever say something like that again. I almost threw up just thinking about being with this monkey" Karina gags.

"She kind of reminds me of Winter unnie. Are you cheating on her?" Ningning gasps.

"Hello I'm still here. Ningning how come you never remember me? I see you every time I come to visit here" Ryujin asks.

"It's fun pretending I don't know you" Ningning shrugs then leaves.

Karina and Ryujin look at each other then laugh. "Your sister is something else" Ryujin says.