part 14

Yeji is sent home since they want her to rest it and ice it for the day. Yeji stands up getting ready to leave when Ryujin pushes her back down on the bed.

"What do you think you're doing?" Ryujin asks with a frown.

"Going home? That's what the nurse just told me" Yeji answers confuse.

"Who says you could stand up?" Ryujin still frowning.

"How do you expect me to go home?" Yeji still confuse.

"I'll take you home. Stay here and let me grab my car and pull it up front. Stay here. Do not move unnie or I won't talk to you" Ryujin says before leaving.

Yeji lays down accepting defeat. She's enjoying all this alone time with Ryujin but she's trying to be realistic to not let her hopes up. She lays there waiting for Ryujin to come back.

"You ready unnie?" Yeji hears the younger ask.

Yeji just nods and smiles. She tries to stand up and again she was stopped by the younger.

"Nope. I'm carrying you unnie" Ryujin says and picks up Yeji like she weighs nothing.

"Ryujin. It's just a sprained ankle. I can get to the car by myself."

"Why are you refusing my services unnie?" Ryujin pouts.

"Okay fine I'll let you carry me. Just stop making that face" Yeji laughs.

Ryujin carries Yeji to her car. Gently put her down in the passenger sit. She jogs to the driver's side to get in.

"So where do I take you?" Ryujin asks laughing.

Yeji gives Ryujin the address and quickly takes off.

"So unnie since you're 21, have you found your soulmate yet?" Ryujin asks to start a conversation.

"Yes and no?" Yeji says unsure.

"What does that mean?" The younger asks.

"Yes I know what they look like? And no I still don't really know them" Yeji says trying not to spill the truth.

"Is your soulmate a guy or a girl?"

"Girl. Very handsome."

"A handsome girl huh?" Ryujin hums.

"Are you looking forward to your soulmate?" Yeji asks with her heart beating fast.

Ryujin thinks for a bit, "I'm not sure. I don't know how I really feel about this soulmate thing. I don't like that the decision of who I'm going to be with has been decided for me. I don't like being told what to do but I also can't get away from it? If that makes sense."

"What do you mean?" Yeji asks.

"I want to go against it so bad. Find someone to be with that's not my soulmate and spend my life with them" Ryujin explains.

Yeji tries to hide her face in case the sadness was obvious, "What's stopping you?"

"My soulmate" Ryujin laughs.

Yeji looks at her confuse waiting for the younger to continue.

"Looks like we're here" Ryujin shuts off the car and carries Yeji out of the car. Yeji tells her what floor her apartment is in. She enters the code in the keypad while still in Ryujin's arms.

Inside the apartment, Yeji tells Ryujin to just put her down in the living room which the younger obeys.

Ryujin looks around, "Nice apartment."

"Thanks. We tried not very hard to make it presentable."

Ryujin laughs.

"Let me get the ice for your ankle unnie, I'll be back" Ryujin says before going to the freezer.

Yeji is still thinking about their conversation from the car specifically the part where Ryujin said about her soulmate stopping her from finding someone else.

Ryujin comes back with an ice pack in her hand. She helps Yeji get comfortable before placing the ice on her ankle.

"Ryujin?" Yeji whispers.

"Yes?" Ryujin places the ice pack then sits on the floor facing Yeji.

"What did you mean by your soulmate stopping you from finding someone else to be with?"

"This soulmate thing doesn't just affect me. It would be selfish of me find someone else without giving my soulmate a chance. I don't want to hurt her. It's not like it was her choice to be my soulmate. We were destined together."

"You think your soulmate is a she?" Yeji asks trying to hide the smile on her face.

"Yea. I don't see myself being with a man. Gross" Ryujin shakes her head quickly to get rid of the idea in her head.

Yeji laughs and stares at Ryujin adoringly. Ryujin scratches her nape feeling kind of uncomfortable with Yeji's stare.

"I should probably go unnie. Do you need anything else?" Ryujin asks.

"I'm good. Thank you for taking me home" Yeji smiles.

"Of course. Yuna and Chaeryeong would probably hit me if I leave you alone" Ryujin chuckles now standing up.

"Take care unnie okay?" Ryujin says before walking out the door.

Yeji clutches her chest and takes deep breaths. Spending some time with Ryujin alone just made her want to tell Ryujin everything in hopes they can be together. Ryujin's caring side melts her heart. She smiles thinking about the younger girl.

-------

Ryujin gets in her car and releases a deep breath. She doesn't know what happened. Everything happened so fast for her to understand. Why did she care about Yeji so much? Something about the older girl intrigues her. She wants to pursue her and get to know her as more than friends but sadly being friends is the only relationship they can ever have.

"She already knows who her soulmate is. There's no chance for an us. Why does this soulmate thing have to exist?" She talks to herself.

"Sohee unnie, I'm sorry that I'm taking an interest in Yeji but from what I've seen. I understand why you liked her. I promise to take care of her and Lia unnie. I'll try not to develop feelings for Yeji unnie. I hope you're doing well up there or down there. Wherever you are" Ryujin laughs at herself.

"Gash, I'm so funny."

Ryujin drives home after talking to herself. She goes to her room to rest.

"I really hope I won't like you Yeji unnie but I just seem to be drawn towards you. What is it about you I find so intriguing?"