soompi | 170327

BLACKPINK's Julie revealed her thoughts about her debut as a solo artist

March 27, 2017

On March 26th, the press conference for Julie's debut solo track, "POP!" was held.

She said: "The track has already been released, I've had promotions, but I still can't believe I'm finally going to perform for BLINKs a song I can call 'my solo'. I should be ready."

Julie is the first among the members of BLACKPINK to make a solo debut.

She commented: "I feel overwhelmed being the first. A lot of people say I'm ahead of the members, which isn't true, but I want to have fun and I think it's an extension of what we've shown so far as BLACKPINK, with all five members."

She also spoke of the advice of Yang Hyun Suk while preparing her solo debut.

"He was very concerned about this solo debut. I received messages almost every day. Yang PD-nim knows me for almost ten years, he knew how nervous I was. He chose the stage costumes one by one with me."

Zhang continued: "He told me to 'go out and kill everyone' every time. He didn't mean it in a bad way, but he said it because I'm very shy, especially being the first among girls to have a solo."

Her solo track, "POP!", will be released on April 1st at 4pm. KST. It is organized by Teddy, herself and PSY. Stay tuned, BLINKs!

 Stay tuned, BLINKs!

user1 just gonna say i'm really proud of her and u wish her all the best 👌all i know is that this song is honestly so good (to me) so no matter what happens i know she'll have no regrets, teddy really produced another bop

user1
just gonna say i'm really proud of her and u wish her all the best 👌
all i know is that this song is honestly so good (to me) so no matter what happens i know she'll have no regrets, teddy really produced another bop. i'm glad YG was being super supportive, can't wait for jennie unnie to be next :)

user2
i liked all of her outfits and makeup. i was just wishing the song was a bit longer and had a high note

user3
why are they doing this ㅠㅠ it hasn't been even a year since her group debuted, they really can't hide their preference ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

user4
okay so to those who said YG doesn't pick their outfits. don't blame the CEO for descrimination on outfits, what is this then? he picked every single one?! like some even costs 11,000$! and there are lisa and rosé wearing 100$ outfits.

user5
this is why i don't like YG at times. he obviously has a preference. and what is she talking about shy? now that's some crap. she's been going to fashion shows solo, doing shoots and variety, and being no shy to roasting her members, her supposedly friends and rolling eyes at that bts member! shy?? really? that's just a image she wants to obviously push. but you can tell it's fake when you watch her closely. she's the shy one but gets more work than the rest of the group. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but anyways it's just MY take. still love lisa, she gets the hand me downs but still puts her all into whatever is given to her.
> user6
are u dumb? what does having solo gigs or personal problems with another people have anything to do with being fierce on stage? YG wants her to be like CL and sunmi, to own the stage! she has the potential but lacks the confidence and YG was trying to push her...

user7
this song is a bop and totally matches her!!