CHAPTER - TWENTY

170 votes... We are getting there. Thanks guys. 30 more to go ;)

And I'm making a little change in my writing check it out and tell me if you like Amna's pov better or the third person's pov ; this way you will be able to hear Omar's thoughts too.

Amna looked at Omar as they stood in front of  #6 , Patching way. His nervousness was palpable and Amna herself was on an emotional roll.

She finally rung the bell and stood waiting apprehensively, wringing her hands in nervousness. The door swung open revealing Amna's mom.

The woman looked at them with widened eyes. Standing still for what seemed like few minutes which looked like hours to Omar. Finally she took a step towards Amna,poked her with her forefinger,as if afraid that she was only a dream, Not believing that her only daughter stood on the threshold. 

A daughter she believed would never see again except for a few video calls now and then. She fell on thr floor sobbing uncontrallably.

Amna rushed towards the silhoutte of her mother anxious, Tears sprung from her eyes on their own accord as she watched her mother weep in distress.

Omar stood on his spot, unable to decipher what he could do to help the weeping woman. He wanted to console her but he knew that the woman had no friendly feeling towards him after all he had done. 

He would be lucky if they were civil towards him,which he highly doubted. 

Omar stood helplessly at the door as he saw the former two embrace each other,wiping each other's tears and finally giving each other a faint smile.

After what seemed like hours,They got up from their positions, hands still wrapped around each other ,How much Omar wished to have this kind of relationship with his parents too...

After finally remembering that Omar stood  at the door,Amna hurried towards him,pulled him into the into the cozy living room and introduced him to his mother.

Amna's mother didn't instantly take a liking towards Omar, Her eyes remained cold. She still saw Omar as the guy who had forcefully stolen her daughter away to a country across several seas. 

Omar on the other hand took a liking towards the woman instantly,He could see the coldness in her eyes as she spoke to him but he eas surprised by her civility. He was sure that he would be treated with coldness yet here was the woman,perfectly civil.

He took an instant liking towards her and made up his mind to make her like him too. 

At that moment when the tension still lingered a little in the air Amna's father announced that he was home.

They all looked at the entrance where the man who had once made a deal with Omar stood stunned.

He stood there like a mannequin. Not moving an inch but his eyes following from one to another in the room. Amna finally broke the silence and ran towards her father , whom she had sacrificed her freedom for, so that he wouldn't be behind prison bars. 

Her father accepted the hug,pulling away to scan the face of his daughter whom he thought would never see. 

The nights he kept awake regretting informing Amna about the deal. Regretting marrying off his daughter to a person who had no feelings, yet here she was with the very person he detested and loathed. The person who had exchanged his freedom for his daughters.

He detested yet he knew,he was no better. He readily accepted his daughter's wedding as his ticket out of prison whereas he could have stopped her from marrying him, but he was too selfish,He let his daughter clip her dreams and her freedom for his sake. He felt ashamed of himself for the person he was then.