A Cinderella for the sheikh

SEQUEL TO MARRIED TO A SHEIKH.

The story revolves around Ashàr.

I looked all around me, rich people clad in expensive tuxedos and gowns were scattered around the room. Masks covered their faces, Drinks were served all around, couples swayed on the dance floor....

Why had I even agreed to this?

Because it wasn't a request, it was an order from my father that I had to represent the Abdullah family and find potential delegates as he could not make it.

So far, I had a couple billion dollar delegates in my pocket. My father was gonna be so proud of me

And yes, I am being sarcastic. A gift I had inherited from my parents it seems.

This was a supposed business get together, couldn't they have kept it formal. Seriously though I was cranky because of the mask covering my face, it was suffocating me.

Father should have sent Adel, he was the party kind, he would have enjoyed it not me.

Parties were a strict no to me if it wasn't for business I wouldn't have even been here.

At the far corner of the room I spotted a woman covered modestly in a green emerald gown, she had a scarf wrapped around her head and a mask decorated with sequins covered her face.

Another fellow muslim forced to attend the masquerade. It made me feel better.

"Mr.Ashar, Why don't I see a wine glass in your hand? Why are you all alone and not dancing? You need to enjoy life to the fullest young man." Mr.Jenkins thumped me on my back.

I smiled and shrugged at the man.
"You've known my father for years Mr.Jenkins. you know that's not our protocol."

"Like father, Like son. Though I do tell you, you're missing the best thing in the world. Wine can never be compared. Come here, I'll make you meet a potential investor who is interested in your father's new project." I followed behind Mr.Jenkins who lead me to the Muslim woman.

"This is Miss Kiara Houssam,  Her father is thinking of investing in your business. You've heard of it I suppose? And Miss Kiara, This is Mr.Ashàr Abdullah, Heir of the Abdullah empire." With that he left off to refill his glass.

I nodded at the woman and she nodded back in return.

"So,did your father mention about making a deal?" I asked.

"My father never let's an opportunity slip from his fingers. I assure you he will invest." I nodded at her satisfied with her reply.

"Be careful though he's cunning when it comes to money." I looked at the woman surprised. How could she speak of her father that way.

"Excuse me though I need to socialise with our other delegates against my will."

Her jaw was taut as she walked away. I didn't understand the woman but she seemed very familiar. Though I couldn't see her face her eyes reminded of someone I knew years ago.

When I searched again. Kiara was gone.

She didn't leave her glass slipper like Cinderella but in place she had left a bracelet.

How Was I to find her with a bracelet?

Then I remembered I needn't find her, I already knew who she was.

Little did I know then that the woman was not who she claimed to be.