PART TWO - CHAPTER TEN

To my sisters university pals, Thank you for all your support :)

XOXO
Fatima=)

I sat alone in my house. Ashàr had gone to the playground with Maya.

I couldn't make myself do anything. The laundry, The dishes, The cleaning..... None of it was done.

I simply couldn't do it. I was emotionally drained out. Maya being the angel she was had decided to help me out today and had called the home cleaning services, Who were to arrive any minute now.

The Bell rang and I shuffled towards the door wondering how the cleaning service came so fast. Opening the door, I stood stunned.

In front of me was Omar standing in a casual attire. Without a second thought I slammed the door on his face and I heard Omar cry in pain. The door must have slammed on his nose. Serves him right.

I walked towards the couch I was sitting on and flopped down.

I didn't want him here, I didn't want him to see Ashàr. He wasn't supposed to find us. I held my hands on my head, The Bell rung again and I didn't bother to open. It rung continuously and I closed my ears with my hands.

A couple of peaceful minutes later he had gone, I turned around to head to my room when Omar's figure stood erect in front of him ,around him was the dominating aura that always clung to him showing off that he had power.

I stood glued to the floor.

Omar's eyes travelled all over my hime then landed on one picture I had hung for the sake of Ashàr.

It was Omar on the dock of the yacht so many years back,looking at the stars. The picture I had taken on our first date.

His eyes lingered on the photo for a while before they travelled to me. His eyes helped me captive and anger seared through me.

"You have changed." He simply stated as he sat regally on my couch. He didn't fit in here. My house was comfortable but he simply didn't fit in the picture here.

"You are not welcome here." I snarled glaring at him.

"That, I cannot forget." He said as he rubbed his nose which looked like it had just stopped bleeding and I smirked. Good.

"Get out of here Omar, you are not welcome here" I said through clenched teeth.

"I think I'm pretty much needed here. You haven't gotten over me Amna. If you would have wanted you could have remarried buy you remain single. My picture hangs on your wall. " He said nodding at the direction of the portrait.

My anger was rising. How dare he come into my house and then tell me I still needed him. How dare he?

"Get out!" I shouted.

"I need to talk to you Amna."

"About what?" I questioned quivering. This was not good .

Just at that moment Maya and Ashàr decided it was a good time to be back from the park. My hands felt numb and I started to sweat. This wasn't supposed to happen.

Ashàr ran into the room and hugged me. "Momma I sat on the swings and the slide and then we fed the ducks and Maya gave even gave me a piggy back ride."

Maya in the mean time had felt the tension in the air, She most probably recognised Omar because of his pictures in Ashàr's room because she stood glaring at Omar. Her glare was so fiery that it could have easily burnt Omar to Ashes.

Wishful thinking.

Ashàr at that moment looked at the stranger in the room and his face turned into the brightest smile.

"You are my father." He said walking towards him and I stiffened. My life was now over.

Omar lifted him on the couch effortlessly and looked at him affectionately.

"It took me some time habibi (love) but I found you. I won't let you go now." He said and I looked at him in horror.

"You can't." I whispered " Ashàr Is mine, you can't take him away from me."

"You forget that Ashàr is my son, I can take him with me if I want."

"How dare you?" I glared lookin at his eyes.

"How dare you come here and think about taking away my child after so many years? You didn't even know you had a son." I was trembling now and Maya gently pat her hand across my back trying to soothe me. She knew that I was a few minutes away from a panic attack.

"You had no right to not inform me about the child" He said coldly and I laughed out loud in a sinister way.

"Get out Omar, just get out. I don't want to see you and I for once don't want my son to have a heartless father like you in his life. He is better off without you." I shouted and Omar snarled.

"You dare talk to me like that in front of my son."

He threw a brown envelope onto the coffee table.

"Those are our divorce papers. I want full custody of Ashar and that is not possible till we are divorced."

"I don't care about the divorce Omar. You can divorce me right now if you want but I'm not going to give up Ashàr so easily.He is my everything."
The tears were starting to flow now and my voice didn't come out as strong as I had intended.

"How could you do this now after all you have done to her?" Maya said bitterly and Omar's head turned towards her.

"You don't know anything, stay out of this." He growled and Maya took a step back in fear.

"You are a demon." She whispered and Omar's eyes darkened.

"How dare you?" He shouted.

All I could think about was how to stop him from taking Ashàr.

Maya went into my room and walked out a couple of minutes later.

She flung my hospital file at Omar.

"See for yourself what you did to her." She said in a low voice which made it look threatening.

I looked at Ashàr who's lips were quivering, he never been exposed to this kind of atmosphere. Soon enough he began to cry and came rushing to me. He sobbed as I lifted him on my shoulder and took him to his room. When I came back Omar was gone and so was the file.

All I could do now was wait.

Wait for him to take away my son from me. I knew one thing. If he thought it was easy, he was mistaken. I wouldn't give my son away without a fight.

I hurriedly called Edward. " I need your help." I stated. I was making a mistake by asking his help. "I need a lawyer." I said before hanging up.
I needed to sort out what I had to do if I wanted to keep Ashàr to myself.

******************