EPILOGUE

I anxiously waited in my room and glanced at the wall clock, it was six a.m.

They were to reach here by seven.

My nervousness knew no bounds.
I was going to see my son after a year and I had no idea what his reaction would be.

Would he hug me? Would he be angry with me for abandoning him? What about the little kid Adel? How would he react? Would he accept me as his mother? Would Omar be happy to accept me? After all he had sent me 48 mails for the past year and had never received a reply.

I had no doubt about Omar now, Omar had proved that he was an amazing father and a good human being. He had changed for the better.

It was time to let the past go....

It was time to forget all the sorrow and misery and rekindle our lost love.
Through the whole year Omar had proved how much he wanted me in his life.

It was time to forgive , it was time to let go.....

Was I ready for this? Was I ready to start a new life with Omar and the kids?

This time my answer was with hundred percent surety.

I was.

There could be nothing more than that I had asked for.

My parents didn't understand why I wanted to go back to the person who created the most havoc in my life, to the person who made me suffer through hell....

What they didn't understand was love was untamed. You could fall in love with a beast and you could fall in love over and over again.

Love was something that slightly faded but never disappeared. If it happens that you fell in true love once you would meet that person after ten years yet fall in love with the same person over and over again even if he was imperfect.

Love was unpredictable, love was to forgive, love was..... A never ending feeling. You never ran out of a feeling so pure even after all the complications you had been through.

It may sometimes happen that you may feel that you've fallen in love but then you realise that the person you married is not who you thought who they were, your love you realise was just infatuation and then you try to seek love again. Nobody can really know what true love is till they accept the pros and cons of each other.

Accept that no human is perfect and love them for their imperfectness. Love them for who they are and for all the mistakes that they do.

Love may roll like the waves in the sea, it may sometimes be serene and sometimes there may be a hurricane.
All you have to do is survive through that and fall in love all over again.

After so many years I realised the meaning of true love. life didn't come with a instruction manual the same way you didn't know when you fall in love. You learnt the meaning of love the day you were born. The immense love and comfort you found in your parents, the unconditional love you had for your siblings, then the infatuation that you sometimes thought was love, then came love..... true love, the kind of love where all you wanted was to keep your loved one happy. That is the meaning of true love.

You know when you are in love when you start to smile for someone else, you start to live for someone else. You know when you are in love when their happiness, their success turns into your happiness.

And, today.... I, Amna Omar Abdullah found the meaning of true love and finally embraced it for all the happiness and sorrow that it brought with it. I finally accepted love for what it was. The perfect combination of two imperfect couple.

And I accepted my family with open arms the same way they embraced me and returned to my home.

My real home with my family who awaited to start life anew filled with smile, love, laughter and tears.

I finally realised where my home was,
My home was were Omar was,
My home was were my son's were.

I was finally going home......

**************

Two months later :

I was standing on my exercise mat, doing my every day relaxation therapy when I heard a giggle.

I slowly opened my eyes to find Omar standing next to me mimicking my pose. Next to him stood Ashàr copying the exact same pose Omar had, Adel hung around Omar's right feet as he lifted him up and down with his eyes closed. Ashàr and Adel were giggling as their father continued to the exercise I had stopped doing a few minutes ago.

A smile crept on my lips. I lifted Adel from his father's leg and silently Ashàr , Adel and I crept behind the couch in silence.

A while later Omar opened his eyes and started to look all around for us and Adel giggled again.

This munchkin was definitely going to get us caught.

Omar disappeared from my vision for a while and I stood up a little to find him.

" Boo" A voice shouted from behind making the three of us jump in panic.
"You always do that , We play a prank and you always end up startling us in the end." I whacked him on his arm and the kids started to laugh and Omar looked at me with an amused smile..

"You should look for a new hiding place, you always hide behind the exact same spot with the kids." He laughed
Oh well, he was right.

This had grown old.

All of a sudden a pillow flew out of nowhere and whacked Omar on the face. I saw Ashàr looking guilty before hiding himself behind the grandfather clock.

I laughed as I looked at Omar. Omar in return stuffed the pillow on my face and laughed, very soon Omar,Ashàr and Adel had all team against me making me run for my life. God three boys with pillows? It was hard.

They finally tackled me on the couch and started to playfully whack me that soon turned into a tickling contest as Omar tickled me and then in turn tickled the kids who giggled and laughed.

I was happy with the way my life had turned out to be.....

I was happy with everything that was planned for me....

The scars on my heart had healed and were now overflowing with love.

I had finally found my happily ever after.

I had finally found peace and happiness and thrived in it.

This is me, Amna Omar Abdullah and this was how my life turned out by being Married to a sheikh.

***************
THE END

A/ N

Thank you for all your love, support ,votes and comments. I loved reading every comment of your and I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thank you for hanging in with this journey with me =)

XOXO
Always your,
Fatima =)