PART TWO-CHAPTER THREE

Her once sea blue eyes had turned into grey, The eyes that once held warmth had turned ice-cold,Her once welcoming demenour had turned a one-eighty degree and she looked at me with hatred in her eyes.

She raised a finger at me, her eyes filled with accusation. She kept repeating only one thing
'I was responsible for who she was,today'

Guilt seeped through me and I started to sweat hard. I tried to get out of the room but I couldn't. Everywhere I looked, her voice echoed in my ear.

I woke up with a start.

It had been five whole years, yet, She hadn't let go of me. She had haunted my dreams. Accused me and made my life hell. I couldn't do anything to take her out of my mind. How I hated you Amna, You had taken away the peace from my life.

I switched on the bed lamp and rubbed my face in frustration. I had done everything I could to remove her from my mind but it was all complete failure.

I could hear soft breathing near me. I directed my eyes at Sawsan who looked peaceful in her sleep. If only she was the same when she was awake,life would be better.

Sawsan, My wife.... My mistake.
I was engaged to her a few weeks back but we couldn't post-poned the marriage any longer. She had started to show.

One night, After attending a business party in Amsterdam where Sawsan had come along in place of her father. I don't remember what had happened exactly. I swear I hadn't taken alcohol. All I had ordered was A blueberry mocktail without alcohol. When I woke up the next morning I had found Sawsan on my bed. By Allah, I don't remember touching her at all. I know my limits. I could never commit zina, yet I found myself in such a situation where I did not remember anything. Not one moment of that wretched night.

Two months later, Sawsan landed on my footstep. Claiming to be pregnant with my child. I swear,I had never seen a woman like her. Two weeks later we had announced our engagement and now we were married for more than a week.I didn't love her. There was no way I could but I don't claim that I love Amna either. She didn't deserve my love. She was someone I didn't know she was. Yet,She was there every night in my dream... Accusing me of ruining her life whereas it was she who had ruined mine.

Getting up off from the bed I walked towards the balcony.

I looked at the light scattered through the city of Dubai. I now lived at a penthouse in one of my buildings. How could I live at the island when all it reminded me of was Amna. But, now. I had my priorities. I had a wife to take care of an unborn child that I wasn't sure was mine.

How could a man's life get this complicated I'd never know.

I let the warm breeze sweep through me. How much ever I tried, I could never find peace in my life.

****************

AMNA'S POV :

I harshly threw the ball which had landed at my backyard and glared at the teenagers who looked - afraid.

" Don't ever let that ball fall here again!" I shouted and the teens nodded their heads in response,scattering off in different directions.

I went back into the house and found Ashàr deep in his own world,colouring what looked like a pirate.

"What's this champ?" I inquired sitting next to him.

" This is a Pilate mom!" He retorted looking proud of himself. I smiled at him and took the book in my hand, praising him for his effort and giving him a kiss on his cheek.

"You wanna watch handy manny for a while before you go to bed or do you want me to tell you a story?"

"Could you tell me the story about how daddy flew in the water again?" He smiled.

My eyes hardened and filled with unshed tears. Ashàr looked alarmed. He had heard this story a few times before but it tore my heart into two to recall anything about Omar but unfortunately I had to... Ashàr needed some memories of his father to go on.

Tiny hands caressed my cheeks and sloppy kisses were planted on my cheek.

"Momma,if it makes you sad you can tell me the smurfs story too" He said his voice quivering. His eyes held tears of his own looking at me upset. I wiped my eyes and lifted Ashár onto my waist.

"Nah honey, The flying in the water story it is." I smiled. It would hurt me indefinitely but I could do anything to see Ashàr smile. Little kids did not need to know when their parents were upset. All they needed in their life was happiness.

Ashár dozed off in less than ten minutes and just as I had finished cleaning his room the bell rang.

I opened the door to find my therapist Emma smiling widely at me. I ushered her to come in and she settled in on the couch.

After getting two cups of cappuchino I sat next to her.

"What is it Amna?" She enquired.
"I want to know who the little girl in my dreams is."

****************