PART TWO -CHAPTER TWO

Thank you so much for your get well soon wishes and your prayers you guys. Alhum du li Allah I am better now... Recovering but better. I don't know where I'd be without the love you shower upon me. I love every one of you. Wallah you are all the very best. May Allah bless all of you with his choisest blessings In sha Allah. Ameen.

So here's an update. Short probably but like most of you asked here's your eid gift.

XOXO
Fatima =)

Yousuf Edward's POV:

(And yes as all of you figured it out he is Omar's Harvard pal)

The woman my father called turned around with a stiff, forceful smile on her face. She walked towards where I stood next to my father and faced me.

"Good to have you as our new boss Mr. Yousuf Edward. Hope it will be as much a pleasure working with you as it was with your father." She said in a heavy British Accent.

Her looks, Her greyish baby blue eyes confirmed her to be a Brit there was no need for asking.

I smiled at her genuinely, but she looked away and turned to my father. Why were her eyes so damn cold? Why was there no warmth in them? Why were they so guarded like the had been through a hell of misery?

Now,I was simply reading too much into nothing. She was my employee and who didn't have troubles in this world?

I distracted myself as she spoke easily with my father. Anybody could see the immense respect she held towards him. Every now and then she would lower her gaze but she would still have a small genuine smile on her face as she spoke to him.

Good to know I was the only one she was being cold towards.

She must have seen me smirk coz I could clearly feel being shot a glare. I left both of them with their conversation and headed towards my office to see how things worked in this side of the world. I was so glad to be back in America,I had missed it a lot.

South Africa was good business but I had missed home. Now that I was here after a whole year I was going to enjoy all the comforts of home and mum's food.

I looked at the view outside my new Office which had belonged to my father, I had come here a lot of time before to visit him so it wasn't a new sight but the Manhattan view from this Fourty floor building was still magnificent, just as I had remembered it.

At my sprawling table I saw four different kind of bells with names and their professions neatly labelled. I rung the bell with Personal Assistant written on it. Enjoying the chime it produced and a man with a clip board walked in. He was the same man I had grown up seeing. Mr.Clarke remained the same, only he had grown wiser with age. It was good to see one familiar face in this place though I knew I would recognize most of the employees I only had to meet them to remember them. My Father was one of those who despised firing people unless he had no other choice.

I heard attentively as Mr.Clarke drawled on about all my responsibilities. I wasn't new to business but every work place was different in many ways, Mine in South Africa was a completely different work atmosphere than my Father's place.

It would take time... But it was time for me to prove my potential to the board.

*****************

AMNA'S POV:

"No,Patricia not as long as you find someone to teplace your day off. We cannot afford to delay the Singh project even For a day. We need to finish it before the due date and it won't ve possible if you demand for a leave every other day!" I said sternly looking at the prim and proper woman un front of me. Her eyes looked like they could burn a hole through me if they could.

"The last I took leave was two week back Ms.Amna." She glared and I still shook my head as a no. She stomped her feet like a five year old and left the office mumbling incoherrent words under her breath and I sighed.

I could have given her a permission for leave so,Why didn't I?

I walked out of my office and every one in my department hush. Those who were out of their seats quickly returned to theirs and those playing games on their computers closed them from being viewed. It felt like everyone had held their breath.

No,It wasn't due to respect. It was fear. Fear of being told off. For everyone knew not to mess with me. For all they knew I was a cold hearted woman who had nothing to do but make lives miserable.

Truth was... I didn't care what they thought about me. They were right afterall. I took no pleasure being friendly with anyone working under me. Maybe that was the reason success favoured me,or maybe not.

As soon as I reached the basement I headed towards my car and headed towards Ashàr's playschool. It was only and only Ashàr who could turn my most terrible mood into a good one.

I stepped out of my car and made way inside. I stopped as I saw my new boss hovering over a little girl of about the same age as Ashàr.

I quickly took a detour and returned a couple of minutes later but unfortunately the man still stood on the spot.

I passed by him and picked up Ashàr. Just as I was about to pass by he spoke.

"Fancy seeing you here ms.Amna ,I came to pick up my niece as her mom couldn't make it today." He looked at me smiling and all I wanted to do was run. I hated speaking to anyone.

I gave him a tight lipped smile as I pointed towards Ashàr. "I came to pick uo my son." His eyes widened a little as he looked at Ashàr but he was quick to cover it up. He glanced at my empty ring finger then looked at me confused .

He then shrugged and bent to look at Ashàr. "Hey dude,How ya doing? You know you remind me of a friend of mine who lives far,far away?" He said taking in Ashàr from head to toe and I stiffened. Could he know Omar?

Ashàr smiled at him adorably,fist bumped him then asked me to carry him. We departed after that. I din't get to know if he knew Omar or not but I hope my past didn't come out from the boxes I had locked them in.....

*******************

CHECK OUT MY NEW WORK MISSION EVENTUALE

YOU WILL FIND IT IN MY WORKS.