Chapter 1

ELI

I hear the ruckus outside of my room door it seems like it's coming from the kitchen I rise up from my pillow and I look over at my brother who is staring at the ceiling with an angry face. "Stop?" I hear my mother scream.

"Come here baby, I need you." I hear my fathers drunk slurred voice speak. I ran over to my brother and I hugged him I saw he had tears rolling down his face.

"It's gonna be alright Darnell." I speak.

"Yeah it's gonna be just fine." He said with an assured tone while nodding his head.

We sat there in each others arms as we heard the slamming of doors, the the banging of walls, the breaking of glass, and most of all the screams of our mother.

"Stop pulling away from me." I heard my dad yell.

I heard my mom let out a bloody murder scream and I quickly got up off of the bed and ran to the door. I opened it to see my fathers hand on my moms thigh and his other hand around her neck. His belt was unbuckled and he had his lips pressed against her neck.

Her eyes slowly darted towards me and I looked back at her as she looked like she was in pain. "Baby, I'm alright just go back to your room." I heard her speak.

I ran over to my dad who was trying to take off her clothes and I pulled on his arm and his shirt tail. "Stop dad don't do this, get off of her." I yelled as I pulled on him.

He turned to me and snatched his arm from out of my grip. He grabbed me really hard and I saw the evil death look in his eyes, I can't forget them. I watched as he took his hand and slapped me and it caused me to fall to the ground.

I saw my mom push my dad but somehow we all ended up on the ground. We looked towards the kitchen and we saw my little brother Darnell standing infront of us with mom's gun pointing it towards us. It looks like he was aiming for dad. I saw he still had those many tears he was sheading stained on his face.

I ran over to him and took the gun from him. "Come on let it go Darnell." I yelled. I got the gun from him and it was in my grip. I felt a hand touch me and then I turned around then- BOOM.

"AH." I yell as I awake from my nightmare with beads of sweat dripping from my head.

"That same nightmare again." I hear Darnell speak from the other bed. I look over and see him looking at the ceiling.

"What are we doing Darnell." I say. "We still living in this house and I cant take it anymore. I need to get out of here."

"Who's stoping you Eli, but just know if you go I go to." Darnell said.

Hi Im Eli and I had a incident that happened when I was a child and it has haunted me everyday since especially when I go to sleep. Not so much Darnell he has moved on like nothing happened but I cant stay here in this house or this town anymore. I'm thinking about going back to New York were my family lived before my dad got shot and almost lost his leg in the military. So we had to move here to this hood neighborhood and Im tired of it.

It only makes sense for us to leave cause Darnell is also hanging out with these hooligans and it isn't benefiting us none, so he needs to get out of here and get a job aswell.

I finish my morning routine and I decide to call my life long freind Shemar.

"Wassup my nigga, its been a long minute since you last called." He spoke with an excited voice.

"I know I missed you bro." I said.

"So how is life treatin you up there?" He said.

"It's okay, I'm really busy but it's so boring and I have to get out of here." I replied.