Chapter 15

ELI

I felt a shaking on me and I snapped out of my slumber. I just looked through my blurred vision and invisioned Willie's sweet face in front of mine. I heard his voice calling my name but as I woke up the picture of Willie started to fade and the voice became more clear.

"Big bro, get up please you been trapped in here all week." I heard Darnell say.

I just rolled over on my back and let out a grunt as I tried to sit up. The sorrow had sat on me and it made me stiff.

"What?" My voice coaked.

"Come on dude get up. You're starting to smell." He spoke.

"Okay, get out." I reply.

"No nigga you have to get up. Mrs O'malley wants you there." Darnell said.

"Wants me where?" I ask.

"His funeral is today." He said.

"I dont wanna go." I say rolling over.

"You have to they need you." Darnell whined.

"Ight, just gimme a minute." I say.

I roll over and I sit up and I immediately feel like throwing up. I just still can't fathom the fact that he's gone from me forever. It felt like that time I lost my pet dog when I was nine. Just sorrow and disbelief.

I inched my way towards the bathroom and I looked at my dried out face and dull complexion. "I miss you." I just said as I looked at myself.

"Eli you gotta wake up." I said to myself. "Just pull it together for today and be strong."

I quickly showered and finished my hygiene with a whole bunch of emotions running through my head. I couldn't keep my mind clear for one minute andnit was just strange to me.

Once I slipped on my all black suit I just opened the door to my room and I contemplated just running back to the bed. But i decided to take on he world even woth all my frustration and anxiety. "Aye come on and eat we gotta go." Darnell said as he sat in the mirror puttin on his jewelry.

I just sat and ate me a donut and drunk me sum coffee and just waited for Darnell to finish. Once I made it to the car I just sat and slumped in the seat. I just was at a place of where I didn't want to face reality. I didn't want to hear people tell me their sorry for my loss.

I was caught up in my thoughts and before I knew it we pulled up at the church and I saw King standing there waiting on me. Once Darnell pulled the car around he swiftly opened the door for me and he just shook his head looking at me. His shorter physic just embraced me in a brotherly hug. "I miss him bro." He said.

"I do too." I said trying to stay strong.

"Are you okay? Like mentally ion need ya goin crazy." King spoke.

"I dont really but Im just taking my time." I reply.

"Well just know Im always here." He said. "But we gotta hurry and get inside they waiting on you."

"Waiting on me?" I questioned as we quickly walked in.

The door opened and I just saw a world full of sadness. Everyone I saw was either quiet or crying. King and Darnell slowly walked me to the front and I could hear Mrs O'malley's wails for her son from the back pew, but I decided not to break. It felt like everyones eyes were on me and I just felt miserable having to go through this. I never thought I would have to experience this with anyone again for a long time, especially not Willie.

As I approached the front of the church where the altar stood in its place. I ran my finger from the bottom of the creme casket to the soft fabric laying across the bodies mid section. I looked into the face of the boy I once held in my arms, and shared so many laughs and secrets with.