Chapter 12

LARENZ

I stare out at the many people flooding the airport as I stand in line waiting for my luggage. I scoot closer and closer to my section of depature to get my bag and once I reach there I see someone who looks very familiar. He was tall lightskin and handsome I couldn't wrap my mind around where I had seen him from. I then started to roll my bags and wait for the payphone line to call Justice or one of them to come get me. I kinda missed home and it felt relieving to be back. The movie and all the promotion was done quicker than I expected.

"Larenz." I heard a string voice call.

I turned to see that figure again. Still with that familiar face i couldn't make out. "Im Larenz. Do I know you?" I asked.

"Im Eli's friend Deon we met a while back." He spoke.

"Oh yeah, okay how are you?" I asked.

"Well im good I was just getting off work and I saw you and I was wondering do you need a ride?" Deon questioned.

"Uh yeah but Ill just call one of my friends or my brother." I said.

"Come on its the least I can do. A friend of Eli's is a friend of mine. Plus I just got me a new Jaguar I think you should check it out." He said licking his lips.

"Fine." I say as he quickly grabs my bag from me and quickly starts to walk me to his car.

"Here we are." Deon says after a good five minutes of walking.

"Nice ride bro." I spoke.

"Get in." He said starting up the car.

I hopped in and the smell of liquor and cologne engulfed my nostrils. We rode with the windows down and we created conversation.

"So what you been up to?" He asked.

"I was working on a movie but im back now." I respond.

"Oh so you was living it up wasnt ya?" Deon replied.

"I mean I guess, I was home sick most of the time tho." I said. "Doesn't seem like nothings changed since I was gone."

"Yeah not too much happens here." He spoke.

"So how's everyone?" I asked.

"How's everyone? Or do you mean how's Eli?" Deon said with a smirk.

"Both." I laugh.

"Well the crew is good, and Eli is holding up just to summarize it." He said.

"Well that sounds good." I said.

"Yeah once you left he was kinda heartbroken but he got over that quickly." Deon said quickly.

"What you mean?" I question.

"You know he just got over it." He said.

"Oh well I would want him to do that." I said as I adjusted myself in the seat.

"Yeah I guess." He said outta thin air.

"Where are we headed?" I asked.

"Well I wanted to the record store before I take you home if thats okay." He said looking at me with his pretty orbs.

"Sure." I said clearing my throat.

"You know you a cute lil thang." He spoke.

"Thank you, you're not to bad yourself." I say.

"Well ya know I gotta thing for spotting fine ass civilians like you." He said tryna spit game.

"Oh word."