Chapter 3

ELI

I was fixing my hair as I waited for the time to pick Larenz up to come. I watched as Darnell walked in the room, and fall onto the bed. "Hey buddy, how was work?" I said as I slapped his bum.

"Ugh." He groaned. "I dont like those people over there."

"Stop your whining  Im pretty sure its not that bad." I assured.

"Yes it is that bad, when I got there they didn't teach me nothin. They put me on delivery and when I went to the address the lady startin up arguments and shit. Then she got 3 rottweilers and they was chasin me." Darnell explained. "See they done messed up my damn uniform." He said throwing off his hat.

"Aww poor baby, cmon Darnell it can only get better from here." I told him.

"You told me that last time and that job wasn't shit but I met up with a old freind of mine that I haven't seen in years and Im gonna go get my hustle back." Darnell spat.

"Please don't tell me you goin back to the streets." I hoped.

"Thats exactly what Im doing fuck this shit." He said.

"Darnell don't do this, This place is different from back at home, these streets are not as familiar as they once were. Please just think about what you're doing before you go off and do something stupid."  I spoke.

"And I can find my way around, and plus they already told me they got my back." He argued.

"D can you please just think about it?" I asked him nicely. "Look I got a date so keep the place in one peice for me please."

I walked out of the house ready and excited to get together with all of my friends but I was especially excited for my date with Larenz who I was on my way to pick up.

I rolled up to the adress Larenz told me to come to when he called me this morning. I sat looking in the car mirror checking myself out making sure my hygiene and everything was done and that I looked good.

I walked towards his door and just as I was about to knock on his door I felt the door handle jiggle and I stepped back and I watched as a black male with short cut with a leather jacket on.

I stepped back and looked at him and the familiar voice came to me. "Hey Eli." Larenz sweet voice spoke."

"Larenz? I couldn't even tell that was you." I told him.

"Well I wanted to look good for my first date." He said.

"You look amazing, let me get a look at you." I said as I walked a circle around him.

I walked around him looking at all of his muscular features, his clothes, and all his curves. I looked him up and down watching his every move.

"I see you took my advice." I complement him.

"You noticed." Larenz said happily.

"Yeah no more saggin jeans." I said as I came back face to face with him.

I saw him blow smoke in my face and I noticed that he was smoking a siggarette. "I see you listened to all the advice accept for one. What have I told you about these things?" I said as I snatched the siggarette from his mouth.

"Oh yeah sorry, Im just a bit nervous." Larenz told me.

"Well thats normal but those cancer sticks aren't gonna help at all." I tell Larenz.

"Well I bet tonight can take the rest of my jitters away." He says.

"Well then lets go." I sat while holding my hand out.