Chapter 2

LARENZ

After encountering a short conversation with that fine man I walked back to my table with ny freinds Brandy, Tonya, Woody, and Justice. Oh sorry if you haven't noticed Im Larenz Tate I own the club The Sanctuary and Im an up and coming actor. I just finished my movie Menace II Society and Im back home to take a break.

"I saw you fell for that dude hard." Tonya spoke as I approached the table.

"What are you talking about I didn't fall for anybody." I replied.

"Well we saw otherwise." Brandy said.

"Yeah cause one moment you're talking to him, then we blink and you over there fumbling over drinks." Justice implied.

I just smiled and shook my head cause I knew she was telling the truth. "Okay but Im not looking for a relationship right now." I responded.

I sat down and immediately heard Woody's voice calling up someone else. I turned in my seat once I heard him say the name Eli and I saw him up on stage with a girl. The music and I remembered that it was a song by the great Whitney Houston. I remember listening to her when I was growing up.

I watched as he let the slow and sensitive words and notes come out of his mouth. It was like the heavens opened up he had this angelic sound that Whitney had.

"Many nights we prayed with no proof, anyone could hear. In our hearts a hopeful song we barely understood. Now, we are not afraid although we know there's much to fear. We were moving mountains
Long before we knew we could, whoa, yes." Eli sung.

I heard the sweet melodic instruments playing in the back his articulation of the words and the way they rolled off of his lips touched the crowd cause I saw many peoples faces where shocked by pure peaceful sound.

He was a gem and the emotion that he had as he sung touched me in a sort of way.

"There can be miracles, when you believe. Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill. Who knows what miracles you can achieve? When you believe, somehow you will.
You will when you believe. Oh-oh-oh Mmm, yeah." He sang.

I listened a little more and as the more the words came out the more beautiful he seemed. I heard him hit one of those quick runs that Whitney used to do. I watched in amazement but I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

"You betta sing child." I heard a lady yell from the crowd causing me to giggle.

I looked over as the girl started to sing her part and once they came together I heard the crowd roudy up and started cheering and whistling. As the song came to an end and my eyes still on him I watched as he sunv his last note he looked up and he made eye contact with me.

I looked back at him and I stood up and clapped with the rest of the crowd who was giving them a standing ovation. I saw him chuckle as he looked down at the floor. The girl hugged him and the walked off the stage and they hugged their friends as they congratulated them.

Once my party was done we walked outside and nit long after I saw Eli and his group walk outside of the club all getting in the car and he was kinda left behind.

He was looking down as he walked by us. "Hey song bird." I said and he looked and walked towards us.

"Hey." He spoke softly.

"You did really great out there." I complemented him while looking him up and down.

"Thank you." Eli replied looking me in my eyes while licking his lips.