Chapter 8

ELI

"Larenz, wake up." I spoke lightly tapping Larenz.

"Huh?" His raspy voice croaked as he rolled over to me.

"Come on lemme get you home." I say.

"Ugh, my head hurts." He said rubbing his head.

"Thats because you haven't ate, we can get some food and Ill take you home." I said.

"Okay." Larenz says falling into my chest.

I pick him up and I carry him to his clothes. I place him down and I caught myself staring at how sexy he is. I take the sheets off the couch bed and I fold it back up. I put the cushions back on and then I see Larenz putting his shoes on.

"Hey I put yo shirt in the washer so you can just wear this." I said passing him one of my jersey.

"What you wanna eat?" I ask him.

"I dont know, I just need something." He said looking drowsy.

"Lets go." I say grabbing my keys.

As we walk to the door it swings in showing us Darnell carrying with a whole bunch of shoe boxes. Larenz and I stare in confusion as we see him struggle to carry all of them.

"Well help me, pussy ass nigga." Darnell yells making both of us jump into action.

"I know you didn't buy fifteen pairs of shoes." I said sternly.

"Nah, I just got the boxes." He said sarcastically.

Larenz and I carried some of the boxes over to the table and Darnell sat wiping his brow of sweat. "So how much did this cost?" I ask.

"It didn't cost anything. Who this?" Darnell said pointing at Larenz.

"Oh this my good friend Larenz." I say.

"Whats up." Larenz said shyly.

"What it do." Darnell responded. "I know there aint no way in hell that aint my jersey."

"This is mine, you burnt yours up that year they lost remember?" I replied. "Slow ass nigga."

"Well lemme see the shoes." I say almost opening a box.

"No!" Darnell yelled pulling back the box.

"Well forget you and yo suck ass shoes." I spoke. "I aint wanna wear em."

I walked to the door and Larenz closely followed. I closed the door behind him and he sat there with a smile.

"What?" I grin.

"You smell so good." Larenz said as he hugged himself in the jersey. "Dolce and Gabbana?"

"Thats my natural sent." I say rolling my eyes.

I just smacked his ass and pushed him over pass me. I locked the door and we walked hand in hand to my car. I opened the door letting him inside. I drove us down to the diner a good 6 blocks away.

"A burger does sound good." Larenz said shyly.

I looked over at him slouched down in the seat. I watched his body language and I could tell he was being real quiet.

"Why you bein so distant?" I ask.

"Oh I am, sorry I'm just hungry and really tired." He said.

"Well lemme buy you something and if you're good we can super size it." I joked.

"Whatever dude." Larenz said getting out of the car.

We walk in and I am totally lost in the pop culture retro look in the place. I looked at Larenz who was already starring at the menu.