Chapter 14

ELI

After that brief conversation with Willie im on edge and I dont know how to feel at all. All im thinking is will he be okay. Im breathing really fast snd it feels like Im on a clock and I'm running out of time. But after like forever I finally pull up to the hospital and it looks pretty dead out here.

I exit the car and I rush into the hospital pass the front desk straight into the elevator. I then make my way up to the room Willie told me and I see his mother outside the door on the phone. She hung up as I approached her.

"Hey son, I just had to step out." She said her eyes filled with tears.

"Whats wrong with him?" I ask in frustration.

"I think he should tell you." Mrs. O'malley replied.

"What did the doctors say?" I questioned.

At this point everybody need to start talking cause if I lose Willie all hell is gon break loose. So somebody need to tell me something.

"They said its severe cause he's had it for so long. But they told us there is nothing more they can do." She explained.

"Oh my God. Where is he?" I asked sternly.

"He's in there sleeping." She said opening the door.

I walked in quietly but the TV was blasting from behind the curtain. I pulled it back and I saw Willie's drained face looking even paler than he already is. His eyes and nose were red. His skin was clammy and he was just unrecognizable to my sight. I pulled up a seat by the bed and I turned off the TV and I grabbed his hand.

I placed a kiss on his hand and he shook out of his sleep. His face slowly turned to me and he tried to lean up.

"Eli...bae-" His tired voice called.

"No baby lay down." I demand as I adjust his pillow helping him.

"No we need to talk." He said in is raspy tone.

"We can talk but chill out." I said sitting back down in the chair.

Willie reached his hand out to my face and rubbed the side of it. "What's wrong Eli?" He asked.

"I'm worried about you that's whats wrong. What is this?" I said.

"I'm just glad you came." Willie spoke as he led my hand.

"Well what's up." I spoke.

"Eli I'm really sick and I've had this sickness since I was little, and most of the time it comes and goes but this time its really serious." Willie said.

"Well is there anymore we can do to make it better?" I question.

"Baby, I really dont know." He spoke.

"Well we need to find out cause Im not-" I started.

"Eli do not stress yourself out about me." Willie said.

"What you mean don't stress myself, imma stress this shit till you alright." I argued.

"Eli I've been dealing with this for a long time and I've tried everything what more can we do?" He said to me.

At this point I was just very shocked at Willie. Like I had never seen him be okay with something so terrible.

"Keep on tryin, I cant lose you Willie." I say. "I cant believe you're even considering giving up."

"Eli Im not giving up but Im telling you nothing else worked. Ive battled this since I was little and I have survived this sickness for this long. Im done stressing and killing myself about it. I haven't lived ny life the way I want beacuse of this but Im over it. If I was giving up I would be giving up on my mom, and I would be giving up on you." Willie explained.