Chapter 9

LARENZ

●●one week later●●

"Well time is dwindling down Larenz." Justice fussed at me.

"I know Jay." I reply shyly.

"You saying you know but you been sitting here keeping this from him the whole two weeks." She raised her voice.

"Im just scared to tell him." I say sadly.

"For what the most you gon get is a okay." She said bluntly.

"I know but I just don't want all of this to be just some quick fling." I spoke.

"Then let that nigga know whats up." Justice implies.

"I just don't want either of us to hurt each other's feelings." I reply.

"I know you don't want to hurt him but it'll be better to tell him cause you never know you may be holding his heart. He may just be afraid to put the move on you." She said.

"You're right." I sigh.

I simply just hung my head and let out a breath as I contemplated treling Eli my feelings I never wanted to make him feel like he has to make a choice but at this point that's all I can do.

"Im just saying you leave tomorrow, you need to tell him something." Justice says breaking my train of thought.

"I know, I'm gonna tell him." I said.

"You betta tell him. Call me and tell me how it goes. Love ya." She says quickly hanging up.

I sit back in my seat and wait for Eli to finish pumping his gas. I stare through the window and think about not only Eli and I but just where my life is going. Im really hoping I can win Eli over.

I mean even if we had to do long distance for a while I trust him. But after this movie I want to move away and I want Kahlil to come with me. I just want to much and I can't even handle what I have at the moment.

"Hey." I heard from the opposite side of me.

I snapped my head to see Eli with his color block shirt open exposing his six pack and full chest. His healthy pecks and toned skin looked so pleasing to the eyes.

"You liking what you see down there?" Eli said grabbing my attention.

"Yep." I say popping the p.

"Well its getting dark and I think I should be getting you home." He said reaching his arm over my shoulder.

"Sure, I guess." I said.

"Okay." Eli chuckled at my response.

I just sat back and immediately looked out the window and I heard Eli start up the car. I exhaled a deep breath and let my body relax.

"Hey, you aight?" Eli said.

I just tried to act like I didn't hear him. I felt his hit my eargates loud and clear I just didn't want to make this harder than it has to be.

"Larenz?" Eli said.

"Yeah?" I say still looking towards the window.

I felt Eli's humongous hand land on my thigh giving it a grip. He then pulls at my shirt and I turn to him. We meet eyes and I try not to break into a million pieces looking at him.

"Why you seem so sad, whats wrong?" He asked me.

"Nothing." I lied.

"You sure." He looked sympathetically into my eyes.