Chapter 11

ELI

"So explain this again cause I'm not understanding Darnell." I said slamming Darnell down in the seat by the table.

He slowly and sluggishly tried to lift his huge bottle of liquor to his lips. His eyes were shot red and he looked wasted. I quickly snatched the bottle from him and threw it out of our open window. I watched it smash and break as it dripped down the wall.

"Aye, fuck was that for. I paid for that." He jumped up behind my back.

I pushed him back down and he just leant over and started puking up his guts. "Darnell you don't need to start this again this is exactly why grandma kept kicking your ass out. All you do is drink." I yell.

"So what. Yeah I was drinking but ole dude started with us first. I was just chillin wit a honey and he came over and was talking shit bout thats his girl. Then he had the nerve to punch me. So I set that bitch off." Darnell said slowly.

He could barely put his words together and the alcohol smell on him was terribly foul and sour. I just looked at him in disgust and distraught.

"Why was you down there anyway?" I asked him.

"What you mean, I was hanging wit my boys." He said.

"Doing what?" I asked him.

"Why you feel like you got the right to question me?" Darnell questioned.

"Cause I see yo new shoes." I said.

"Yeah, nigga messed em up." He said.

"What happened to the stuff in them?" I question. "You sure you wasn't doing no thug shit?"

"Eli what is you talking bout bro?" Darnell said.

"Oh so you dont know what Im talkin bout?" I asked.

"No I don't." He said.

"Oh now you dont know?" I said storming off.

"Nigga whats yo problem?" I hear Darnell ask from down the hall.

I pull out that same shoe box from the other day and I storm back to him. I open the box I pull out the shoe and I start showing the evidence. The small bags easily start to fall from the shoe.

"Whats this then Darnell huh?" I yell.

"Aye you been going through my stuff?" He yelled standing up to me snatching the shoes and the prouct.

"Naw I was cleaning my house and I was taking yo shoes to yo room." I said.

"Well you shouldn't have been snooping." Darnell said pissing me off.

"Nigga I dropped them by accident wasn't nobody snooping I just didn't want ur shoes in the middle of the house anymore. I said I was cleaning." I said slamming him back down in the chair.

He then just leaned over and started to regurgitate all that acid and alcohol again.

"And you throwing up on the floor I freshly cleaned this morning." I said.

"Why dont you just get off my dick ight." He said.

"This is exactly the life mom told us to stay away from when we were little." I say. "And now you sit here and go against everything she ever taught us."

"Dont blow allat shit in my face." Darnell said.

"Darnell Im just sayin, you aint gon get nowhere doing this. Why cant you get a job like me and get clean like a real man." I said. "You just feeding yo demons like mom said.

"Nigga, be like you. I would hate to be like you. You just a mommas boy with bigger demons than me." Darnell said. He then put his fingers in my face like a gun.