Chapter 24: New Encounter

Ash's POV:

After bidding farewell to my Alola companions, Lillie and I took off on the flight. We happened to run into Gou again on the plane. Pikachu, Scorbunny, Snowy, and Glaceon stared out of the window at the side. They were mesmerized by the view from the air. Pikachu however felt more nostalgic than mesmerized. At the three-seated arrangement, I sat at the centre while Gou was sitting nearer to the window. Lillie was seated nearer to the aisle.

Me: So, Gou, what are you planning to do after you returned to Galar?

Gou: Hmm... I actually originally came from the Kanto region. I might want to visit my homeland again.

I was a bit astounded to hear that. But I was sure that I was like that when I was somewhat younger. Maybe I am still like that now, but right now, I am travelling with someone; someone whom I could fall onto whenever I needed the support, needed to be carried, even just her presence was enough for me. Because right now, my tale was nowhere near ending just there.

Me: I see.

After a while~

The plane was arriving at the runway at the airport in the Galar region. Once the plane stopped its movement, the group were ready to head out. There was some time before the flight for the Kanto region arrives. Thus, Gou decided to show us around. The stalls sold food which tasted like heaven, and the Pokemons were hyped as always. Lillie and I went to the Poke Mart to purchase potions for just in-case situations and stocked up on Pokeballs. Gou also recommended us to purchase windbreakers and long jeans.

Lillie: H-how do I look?

Lillie put on the white hoodie with snowflake patterns. The hoodie also has purple stripes. Lillie awkwardly posed with shaky legs. I scratched my cheek. She looked athletic and aesthetic I guess.

Me: Uhhh, you look good! It fits you.

I commented. Lillie's legs suddenly stopped trembling as she smiled happily.

Lillie: Thank you, Ash!

Snowy: Vul!

Snowy cheerfully squealed in agreement.

Pikachu: Pika! *thumbs up*

Lillie: Aww, thank you, Snowy, Pikachu!

Lillie petted Pikachu and Snowy. I turned and asked Gou, who happened to be staring intently at his smartphone.

Me: Why are we getting windbreakers by the way?

Gou: Huh? Oh, because I heard that Circhester city is extremely cold. It's one of the cities where you can acquire a gym badge from.

Me: Ah, I see. So where do I get my first badge from though?

Gou: Uhh, you should go to Motostoke city first. There's going be a public talk there tomorrow, but unfortunately, I can't accompany you.

Me: Ah, I see. That's fine I guess.

Gou: But we can go there together right now though.

Me: Alright, let's go then!

Seems like we could not begin our journey just yet, but all that was just to excite me even more later on. Motostoke city was not too far from the airport. After a few minutes on the train, we have already arrived at the city. We entered the Pokemon Centre to book a room to sleep for the night. Afterwards, we looked around for shops to purchase other necessities.

It was still early in the afternoon. Hence, Gou took Lillie and I to the outskirts of Motostoke. We encountered all types of rare Pokemons, like what, even that sight was impossible even for me. There were herds of Rhyhorns and Tauros'. Doduos and Dodrios could commonly be spotted. Starlies and Staravias could be spotted soaring through the air. We even saw a wild Rhydon. Weren't they supposed to be really rare? There were also Kangaskhans, Snorlax, and Onix. Man, if only I could catch them all! Lillie was also extremely flabbergasted with her mouth opened wide. Pikachu just collapsed on the spot.