Chapter 27: Flooding the Battle

Ash's POV: 

Pikachu: Pika! 

Pikachu squealed cheerfully, as active as ever. Raboot and Snowy were glad that Pikachu was okay as they ran around in circles, playing catch. It was now hitting dawn. We brought Pikachu to the Pokemon Centre swiftly while Hop ran somewhere else. Maybe to catch more Pokemons or something. Lillie and I were glad that Pikachu did not suffered from anything too serious. However, I was more worried for Gloria. She vanished without a trace. Lillie purchased more food resources in case we went out camping again. Also restocking on Pokemon food. Afterwards, Lillie and I arrived at the middle of the town. 

Lillie: I'll go book a room. You should get something to eat first. 

Lillie suggested as she picked up Snowy. I replied with a nod before seeing her off to the Pokemon Centre. I went to the Pokemon Cafe; purchased a plastic container of cappuccino and a strawberry mocha milkshake. I already know where she probably was. 

Gloria sat on a bench near the wooden planks situated above the body of water. A few boats were parked around there and trainers fishing up Magikarps, dissatisfied with the catch, they immediately threw them back in. Gloria sighed while Grookey was earnestly patting her back, comforting her cheerfully. 

Gloria: Sorry Grookey... I'm really a horrible trainer... 

Gloria insulted herself. A shadow figure casted over her as the sun set from the end of the ocean. 

Me: What are you on about? 

A familiar voice reached her. She looked up at me as I smiled, reaching a cup of drink to her which she accepted reluctantly. 

The sky was becoming dark as the sun slowly disappear from sight. The clouds darkening, covering the stars, though the brightness still could be seen. I sat down beside her as Grookey leapt onto her head, taking a nap after a long yawn. 

Gloria: ... How did you know that I was here? 

Gloria asked curiously as she sipped on the straw of her milkshake. I drank my coffee, wondering how to answer the question. 

Me: Hmm... I wonder... 

Gloria stared at me, giving me a "what type of answer is that" expression, but just shrugged it off. My expression soon distorted to a sad one, but tried my hardest to smile anyways. 

Me: Sorry Gloria... I thought I was strong enough, but Bede was right. I'm still very weak. There's still so much room for improvements. 

Gloria looked away, squeezing her drink tightly as her eyes began puffing up, tears welling up at the corner of her eyes as they sparkled, though I could hardly see it due to the dark shadow casted by her green colored hat. 

Gloria: ... Why are you apologizing... 

I could hear the rasp in her voice, struggling to bring out the words she wanted to say. 

Me: Gloria? 

Gloria: Ash... I'm so sorry...! 

Gloria cried out before resting her head against my chest, burying her face so that her tears were concealed. Her hands gripped tightly onto my shirt. I flinched, unbelieving the fact that she was tugging tightly to my chest. My cheeks grew slightly reddish. 

Me: G-Gloria?! 

Gloria: I've... I've been deadweight the entire time...! It was my fault that I brought harm to Pikachu... 

Gloria admitted, engulfed greatly in guilt. I was able to know what she was trying to say. I keep myself from freaking out. Instead, I lifted up my arms and placed them on her shoulders.