Chapter 17: Cold

Ash's POV:
On the boat~
After school~

I recalled Decidueye back into my Pokeball as the advanced boat drifted across the ocean. Kiawe returned his Charizard as well as flying may be dangerous here. The ocean had a great scenery with the sounds of the water.

I could see Magikarps and Goldeens swimming around. There are really a lot of Water type Pokemons. I wore my Sylveon jacket as it was getting really cold as we started to enter the waters of Ula Ula island.

Professor Kukui: Hold tight, everyone!

The boat was shaking a little and everyone held onto the railings to prevent falling. Lillie and the others wore a scarf as Kiawe began wearing his jacket. I wore my gloves as I clenched my fist. It was already getting so cold despite wearing the outfits. It was so hard to see as well due to the fog and mist.

So, apparently it is hot, cold and humid at the same time. I took out Rotom from my pocket to check the current temperature.

Rotom: Temperature in Ula Ula island is 13°c.

Kiawe: What the hell, what's even going on?

As we got closer to the coast, it started hailing.

Mallow: Ggggg...

Lillie: Brrrr...

Lillie was shivering. Pikachu and Scorbunny hopped off my shoulder and ran towards the basement of the boat to get away from the mad cold. Grooky and Sobble did the same.

I approached Lillie before hugging her close to me.

Lillie: A-A-Ash...it's so...cold...achew!

She gave a cute sneeze away from my face. I hugged her closer before saying.

Me: No worries. Just tryna keep you warm.

I took off the Sylveon jacket from my shoulder and place it around Lillie. I lifted her arm as I slid it into the sleeves. After that, I did the same to the other arm. The hail had only started becoming more violent.

Lillie: Are you sure? Ash? You're gonna freeze...brrr...

Me: You'll keep me warm.

I smiled at her before hugging her closely as we sat on the ground to keep our stability. Kiawe and Lana place their arms against their face to prevent the hail from doing damage to them.

Lillie blushed into a blood moon before lying against my chest. I ran my hand through her honey blonde hair as I place her witch hat on her face, to let her have a nice rest, and to prevent the hail from hitting her face as well.

When we got closer to the shore, our vision had all blurred out. Nothing was in sight anymore.

Me: Uhhh, professor!

Professor Kukui: Yes?

He was still driving towards the Ula Ula island's dock.

Me: Are you sure it's safe to keep driving?

Professor Kukui: Of course! I'm a professional! I'm pretty sure we will be-

The boat crashed into something as I heard shattering of glass. The boat shook like a earthquake until Mallow and Sophocles fell over. Kiawe and Lana almost lost their balance.

Professor Kukui: What in the...

He lifted his hat again to see absolutely nothing except the boat we were riding on.

Lillie got up from her nap and gave a look at me. I stood up before walking closer to the railings. Everyone did so too.

Mallow let out a sneeze for sound effect.