Chapter 22: Applin a day

Ash's POV:

After that awesome battle and farewells to my friends, me and the gang headed back to Alola. I wondered if professor Kukui had returned home.

I hopped off the plane with Gou and we began heading back to the cabin. We bid the others farewell.

Man, the Pokemon world is amazing!

As we were on the road, making our way to the cabin, I noticed the right ear of Pikachu twitched. Gou also happened to noticed that.

Pikachu: Pika pi!

Me: What's up, Pikachu?

Scorbunny: Bunny?

Pikachu pointed its tiny fingers at the forest. I wonder if it was a Pokemon.

Gou: Let's check it out!

Me: Yeah!

Gou and I rushed into the forest. Sounds of footsteps followed our tracks. I was able to sense something in contact with my leg. Did I kick something? I also happened to almost fall over. I stood at place and took a glance at the object on the ground. It resembles a apple!

Me: A Applin!

Gou: Wow!

Pikachu and Scorbunny: Pika! Score!

All of us had a amused look. The Applin flipped over and looked at us, defenselessly. There was a bump on the skin of the Applin.

Me: You okay, buddy?

I squatted, with a look of guilt. Applins are really defenseless, but they do evolve pretty fast. Suddenly, speaking of the devil, the Applin started to evolve.

Me and Gou: Woah!

Blue sparks were emitted and soonly evaded. It looked...different...from the one we saw earlier on.

Gou: Eh?

I took out my Rotom phone and scanned the unknown Pokemon that the Applin evolved into.

Rotom: *buzz* Appletun! The Apple Nectar Pokemon! Dragon and Grass type! An evolved form of Applin. Eating a sweet apple caused its evolution. A nectarous scent wafts from its body, luring in the Bug Pokemon it preys on.

After hearing the info, we did realize there was a delightful aroma wafting in the air.

Pikachu took a quick whiff around the surroundings before melting in delight. It smelled like apple pie!

Pikachu: Pika!

Scorbunny: *sniffs the air* Bunny! *hops excitely*

Me: You know what, I should get a Applin myself! That will be my target tomorrow!

Gou: Eh? Why though out of the sudden?

Me: It's like a gamble! Catching a Applin that either evolves into a Flapple or a Appletun!

Gou: Well, that'll be great! But...

Me: No buts! Let's go to the Galar region! There may be more Pokémons there!

Gou: What in the!? There's a pretty long travel you know!? We can't always travel back and forth from the Alola to the Galar region!

Me: Ask Professor Kukui then! I'm sure he can understand!

Gou: What!?

Pikachu: Pika pi... *facepalms* ( My trainer is acting like an idiot like always...)

Me: You're excited, right Pikachu? Scorbunny?

Scorbunny: Bunny! *hops excitedly*

Gou: Sigh...