Chapter 15: Fiery rocks

Ash's POV:
8.20pm

When I arrived home, nothing much really happened besides a talk with the new Pokemons with the professor. Also talking about the things we did today. I took a shower and had supper before heading straight to bed with Pikachu curled up beside me. Scorbunny was asleep beside Pikachu too. Tomorrow, I'm going to Akala island to look at the new Pokemons there. Hell yeah! It's going to be fun!

Next day~

It was just a normal school day. The professor talking about evolutions and stuff like that. Also talking about Pokemon typings of which counters which. After recess, we were given a test before the school day ends. After the test, it's...

Ring! Komala had sounded the Bronzong, indicating dismissal time.

Lana: Bye!

Sophocles: See ya tomorrow!

Lillie and Mallow: Bye!

Kiawe and I waved goodbye to them.

Me: Yeah, see you guys tomorrow!

As they left, Kiawe and I hopped onto our Charizards before taking off to the skies. Oh boy, oh boy! I'm pumped! So excited to look for new Pokemons. Speaking of which...

Kiawe: Ash! What's that?

I immediately snapped out of my trance and looked everywhere around me.

Me: Where!? Where!? Where!?

Kiawe pointed to the blue swan-looking Pokemon on a coral rock, which was drinking water as it dipped its beak into the ocean.

Me: Woah!

Pikachu: Pika!

Scorbunny: Scorbunny!

I gasped in amusement. I took out Rotom from my pocket to scan the swan Pokemon.

Rotom: *Buzz* Cramorant, the Gulp Pokemon. Water and Flying type. When this Pokemon gets hungry, it swallows the food in whole. Occasionally, it makes a mistake and tries to swallow a Pokemon other than its preferred prey.

Me: Woah! So cool!

Kiawe: Ash, what is that one?

I looked towards the front of us which let us look at the volcano. There was a black bird with red eyes. It's huge in size as well.

Me: I think I've seen that one. What was it called again?

Rotom: Corviknight, the Raven Pokemon. Flying and Steel type and a final evolve form of Rookidee. With their great intellect and flying skills, these Pokemon very successfully act as the Galar region's airborne taxi service.

Me: Oh yeah! Corviknight! This is the first time I've seen one!

Pikachu: Pika!

Kiawe: So it's a ride Pokemon?

Me: Yup.

I nodded.

Our Charizards flew us onto the grounds of Akala island with the smoke from the Wela volcano filling up the sky. I place my feet onto the ground before the other while Pikachu and Scorbunny perched themselves firmly on my shoulder.

I returned Charizard back into my Pokeball so as Kiawe before walking into his property.

I looked around to see Mudbrays, Miltanks and Tauroses as usual. But I have noticed something different. There was a new Pokemon! It looked like a Mareep but much darker.

Me: Woah! Kiawe! Is that a Galarian Mareep?

Kiawe: Not really sure.

He responded in his usual cool and edgy tone. I took out Rotom in order to scan that new Pokemon.