Chapter 2

I pull into my garage after picking up lunch on my way home from meeting with Woods and his team. As I turn off my car I noticed my side garage door that leads out back was busted open. I grab the bag of food and slide out of my car. I walk to the spot I hide my handgun in. I slowly make my way into my house after seeing that my gun was loaded. I look around each corner before moving deeper into my home.

I quickly notice someone standing in my kitchen with their back towards me. He was wearing all black and his hood was pulled over his head. I aim the gun up to him as I step closer. 

"You can put the gun down I'm not here to hurt you" I hear the person say. His voice sounded odd.

"You break into my home and act like I'm not going to aim a gun at you," I say as I sit my food down on the coffee table in the living room.

The person in my kitchen turns around towards me. I gasp seeing it was the phantom I ran into at the studio. My hand tightens on the gun. 

"How did you find my house?" I ask.

The phantom stays silent as he stares at me. This was just making me mad. 

"Answer me!" I yell. "How did you find me?"

"Research. Your pretty public about your life since you are related to the YouTuber" The phantom says. 

"What do you want from me?" I ask.

I watch the phantom pull out a vial of serum from his jacket pocket. He holds it out to me. I walk closer and grab it from his hand harshly. I keep the gun on him as I examine the vial. Life's blood. I heard that name before from older scientists I worked with. The phantom leans back on the counter and watches me. I hold the vial up towards the light to look at the red coloring. 

I look up at the phantom, "What you want me to do with this?" I ask. 

"I need to know what it's made of." The phantom answers. 

"Why so you can recreate it? I don't think so" I say to him. 

"You do this and I'll leave them alone," The phantom says to me. 

"You'll leave my brother and his team alone if I do this," I say back to him. 

"Correct," the phantom says to me. 

"Why do you need it anyway?" I ask looking at the vial. 

"I need it to survive" The phantom answers. 

This caught me by surprise. I look up at him and eye him curiously. My phone ringing pulls my gaze away. I pull my phone out to see my brother calling me. I answer the phone as I gesture for the phantom to sit down on the couch with the gun. 

"Hey Woods," I say once the call was answered. 

"The phantom stole the serum we were going to have you analyze," Woods says to me. 

I look at the phantom who was now sitting on my couch. "He did? The one you guys found outside near the studio?" 

"Yeah, that one. Matt says that once we have more we will need your help with it" Woods explains.

"That's alright Let Matt know that I will be waiting for his call when you have more vials," I say back. 

"We really appreciate your help," Woods said. 

"Of course. I'm gonna go so I can eat my food before it gets cold" I say before I say my goodbyes with Woods and hangs up the phone. 

"So you hit my brother over the head before stealing coordinates and then you steal this" I say holding out the serum "From them to come here and ask me to analyze it to find out what it's made out of so you can recreate it because you need it to survive" 

The phantom growls in frustration before looking at me "Yes that's correct" 

"And if I do this you will leave my brother and our friends alone" I say. 

"Yes" The phantom says confirming with me. 

I sigh as I think for a moment, "Fine, but I swear to god if you hurt my brother I will not hesitate to stick a bullet into that head of yours" 

The phatom puts his hands up in a slight surrender motion to show he heard me. I sit the gun down on the coffee table after I take the bullets out so I knew the phantom couldn't use it against me. I grab my food before heading to the kitchen. I could hear the phantom follow me into the kitchen. It was weird that he was just here in my house. I wasn't exactly sure if I should kick him out or not. 

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" I asked him as I started to eat the food I brought home. 

"Nope" He answers causing me to roll my eyes. 

"So your just gonna stay here and bug me the whole night?" I ask. 

He shurgs his shoulders. I roll my eyes and continues to eat ignoring the Phantom so I could finish my food. I could feel the eyes of the phantom on me the whole time I ate. I look up at him as I finished up. 

"So do you have a name?" I ask as I clean up the kitchen.

"You gonna tell everyone if I tell you?" He asks me walking up behind me. 

I could almost feel his jacket against my back as I stood in front of  the sink. I spin around to face him. I could finally see how close he was to me. I eye him curiously. 

"Seriously? You sneak into my house. Tell me to find out what the serum is made of for you and not tell my brother or my friends but you won't trust me with your name?" I ask.

The phantom was silent causing me to roll my eyes. I walk away from him frustrated.

"It's Benjamin" The phantom says to me. "Benjamin Colbalt"