Chapter 4

I pace the floor of my basement as thoughts run through my head. Ben had been gone for the past few days after finding out my company used to be Syntec. It was odd for me to feel this way but a small part of me misses him hovering around me. I had been battle myself in whether or not to tell my brother after my company but I was worried they were going to suspect I was going against them.

I finally decide to pull my phone out and call Woods.

"Hey Y/N" I hear Woods say as he answers.

"Hey are you around the others?" I ask.

"I am hold on I'll put you on speaker" Woods says.

After a few seconds I hear Matt through the phone "Hey is everything alright?" Matt asks.

"Well umm.." I start to say as I hear footsteps coming down the basement stairs. I whip around to see Ben. I put my finger up to my lips to tell him to be quiet. "Not really. So after I was asked to help you guys, I started doing some research because I remembered Woods telling me the name of the company that used to own your unit."

"Syntec" Matt says.

"Yeah so anyway. I was trying to figure out why that name was so familiar to me so I went digging into my old work files." I explain. I could see Ben eying me curiously as he sat a bag on the desk in front of me. "My company used to be called Syntec before it had a name change in 2010."

"What?" Matt says.

"I know. My thought exactly when I seen that on my company history document" I says as I look through the bag Ben had brought. He was at least kind enough to bring me food after being away for a few days.

"Can you scan thay documents and send it us?" Matt asks.

"Yeah I can" I say.

"Thank you. I'll have Woods call you later. We are currently in the Phantom's RV" Matt says to me.

My eyes widen as I look over to Ben. "You're where?" I ask Matt.

"We tracked the Phantom and now we are his RV looking for serum." Matt explains.

"Okay we be careful all of you. Call me later" I say as I hang up.

"What was that about?" Ben asks as I continue to stare at him. "What?"

"You're being tracked" I quickly say.

"What?" Ben growls at me stepping towards me. I back up into the desk. Ben puts his hands on the edge of the desk on either side of me trapping me in place. "What did you just say?"

"You're being tracked." I say.

"Where are they now?" Ben says as he leans his face closer to mine.

"Umm" I say laughing nervously.

"Y/N?" Ben growls at me again.

"Your RV" I answer.

"Shit" Ben says before leaving ny place quickly.

I take a deep breath before I sink to the floor. I was really digging myself into a deeper hole. I sat there for what felt like hours until I hear my front door slam shut. I look towards the basement to see Ben stomping down them. Ben looks at me on the floor before standing in front of me.

"What are doing on the floor?" He asks slightly annoyed.

"What's it look like? Im sitting here idiot" I say looking up at him.

Ben moves and sits beside me. He just looks forward. "I don't see the appeal in this" He says looking towards me.

I shake my head as I pull my knees to my chest. I lay my arms on the tops of me knees before I lay my head on my arms looking. towards Ben. Ben copies me causing me to laugh slightly.