Chapter 14

Ben's POV

I look over at Y/N curled up in bed dressed in my sweatshirt. She had been sleeping alot of more recently due to the long nights she had been taken to complete something for me and for the team. The team would soon be here for me to present what she had done for them. The knock on the door pulled my attention from the sleeping girl.

I opened the door revealing Matt, Woods, Sam and, Bailey. Four of the people closest to Y/N. The group who I will forever be repaying the debt of them getting me out jail to be with Y/N

"Hi Benjamin," Matt says to me. Matt still had resentment towards me which I understood. I did break into his studio and hit one of his employees over the head.

"Hello Matthias and team come on in" I say moving from the open door to let them in.

"Where's Y/N?" Woods asks.

"Asleep" I answer as I lead them over to the couches.

"If she’s asleep why are we here?" Matt asks.

I watch Woods smack him slightly. "Because she asked me to give you something Matt" I answer.

I move to open the drawer of the stand next to me. I pull a vial of blue liquid out of it. I hold it out to him.

"How did you get this?" Sam asks as Matt takes it from me.

"She created it. She was able to use the left over serum she had to make a antidote." I explained to them.

"Take it Matt!" Sam and Woods say quickly.

"How do I know you aren't just trying to poison me?" Matt asks.

I sigh as I reached up and pulled my mask off my face. I had been wearing it without serum in it for a bit now. The other stared at me in shock.

"She cured you" Woods says in almost a whisper.

"She did and now she wants Matt to be cured as well. She spent so many nights without sleep trying to perfect it" I explained.

"Matt if you don't take that Im gonna force you too" Woods says looking over at Matt.

Matt looks at me as if he was trying to find any indication that I was lying. He sighs as he finally gives in drinking the contents of the vial. He takes the absolate off his neck and hands it to Sam.

"How do you feel?" Sam asks.

"I feel great actually." Matt says a smile

"She really did it" Woods says. "That's extraordinary"

"It's nice to finally see your face" Matt says to me.

"It's nice to not have to have the mask on all the time" I say. "I also wanted you guys here for another reason"

"And what's that?" Matt asks.

"Well I was going to just pull Woods aside and just ask him but I figured you guys are her family as well so I decided to ask all of you." I explain. "I want all of your permission to ask Y/N to marry me"

"You want to marry my sister?" Woods asks.

"Yes, I want to marry her and give her a life outside of all this mess. I know i drug her into it but I'm ready to put it all behind me for her." I answer.

"What does this mess free life look like to you? We are all in this pretty deep now, including her" Matt says to me.

"I know we are, which is why I want to end this once and for all. I have everything you need for the undercover cop. Everything that will finally take down Syntec. I just want her to be safe and away from Syntec's grasp." I explain to him as I pick up the folder laying on the stand beside me. I hand it to him. I watch Matt look through it with his team.

"This is it. We can finally put an end to all of this. Thank you Ben. You have my blessing but obviously this is a desision for Woods." Matt says.

"Ben, we both know that I didn’t like you when we met and I sure as hell didn’t like you when I found out about you and my sister. However seeing how happy she’s been since she’s had you back, it's changed my view on you. She wasn’t the same without you. She was so depressed and she couldn’t even look at anything that was yours without breaking down. For weeks I argued with her just to get her out of bed to shower. So yes you have my permission and I will help you look for the ring if you want" Woods says to me causing me to smile.

"Oh yes please!" I say excitedly.

The bedroom door opening caused us to go quiet. I look back to see Y/N walking down the hall yawning.

"Hey there sleepyhead" I say to her. "You okay?"

"I couldn't go back to sleep" She says tiredly.

"Come here." I say

She walks over and waves to the others before settling down into my lap with her back towards the other. Her legs sat on either side of my mine as I pull her close. She almost immediately falls back asleep.

"I've never seen her fall asleep that fast before" Woods says looking at her sleeping form against me.

"This is how we've been battling her not being able to sleep." I explained brush my fingers there her hair gently.

"Well we should be headed back. Thank you for this" Matt says tapping the folder.

"I'll text you about you know what later" Woods says before they all leave.

I carry Y/N back to the bedroom crawling into bed with her. I gently lay her beside me and I hold her close. I smile at the thought of her sharing my last name soon. I kiss her head gently causing her to snuggle into me more.

"I love you" I whisper before falling asleep with Y/N in my arms.