Chapter 6

"Alright Alright. I'll join you guys tonight" I say finally after being convinced to join the crew for an overnight at the studio in order to meet with Ben.

I was trying to get out of it knowing my relationship with Ben but Woods told me that he would feel safer with me there made me finally give in. Ben was asleep on the air mattress near me so once I was off the phone I went to wake him up. Ben looks up at me once he was awake.

"Hey we have a problem," I say to him sitting down on the air mattress near him.

"What's wrong?" Ben asks as he sits up pulling me close.

"So they want to meet with you tonight. Said they would try and contact you soon. They want me to join them" I explain.

Ben sighs slightly "Can you handle pretending you don't know me?" Ben asks me.

"Can you?" I ask causing Ben to laugh slightly.

"It'll be hard but I'll manage," Ben says pulling me in a tight hug.

"We should probably get moving then," I say trying to pull away. "Ben," I say laughing as he holds me tighter.

Ben pins me down onto the mattress. He moves his mask so he can kiss me. His arms wrap around me tightly pulling me against him. I smile into the kiss as I wrap my arms around him tightly. We stayed like this until Ben needed to put his mask back on to breathe. After his mask was back on Ben presses his forehead to mine before getting up.

Ben and I go our separate ways for the day dreading having to see each other late tonight. I get to the Studio where I am immediately greeted with a hug from Woods. Sam hands me a mic to put on as I would be in their video for today. Eventually, Matt attempts to get ahold of Ben by calling a phone they had apparently left in his RV. I bit my lip as I watched nervously. Ben never answered the call but did send a text a few minutes later.

Phantom: Very clever, leaving something behind after rifling through my belongings.

Matt: We know you're not really Wes, so cut the act. None of that stuff belongs to you.

Phantom: Very well. What exactly does her little worker bees want me now? Be quick about it.

Matt: A meeting.

Phantom: A meeting for what purpose?

Matt: We found that storage unit you were clearly looking for, some pretty interesting things inside of it. Things that prove you murdered Wes.

Phantom: What?

Matt: You heard me, Ben. There is already enough proof for your conviction.

Phantom: You clearly didn't uncover the correct evidence then.

Matt: What could possibly be left?

Phantom: I have what you need.

Matt: Then meet me tonight in the courtyard.

Phantom: Confirmed but I want to see this scientist friend of yours. I hear she has been helping you.

I gulp nervously as Matt read the text. Ben was just gonna make things harder.

Matt: Why would you want to see her?

Phantom: Isn't it obvious? I want to see who I'm up against. Scientist to scientist.

I look at Matt after he reads the message "Matt it's fine. He wants to meet me then it's okay. I will meet him" I say.

Matt nods to me before sending the final text confirming the details. Now comes the waiting game. I sit with the others while we waited for Ben or the phantom to arrive. I was slowly getting more and more nervous. Matt finally gets the text that Ben had arrived.