Chapter 10

Sobs rake through me as I sit in the back of Matt's car. Matt drove back to the studio as Sam looked back at me worriedly. I could hear Sam say something to Matt but I couldn't make out what she was saying. Sam reaches back towards me and gently touches my arm. I jump and look at her. 

"You okay?" She asks me. 

Why did she care? I thought they all hated me. I look away from her upset. I could hear her sigh as she moves her arm away. 

We eventually get to the studio. Matt opens my door and helps me out. I felt weak so the moment I went to stand up I almost collapsed. Matt holds onto me tightly. As we walk closer to Blue Base my brothers run out of the studio towards us. 

"Oh my god Y/N," Woods says wrapping his arms around me tightly.

I quickly start to sob more into his shoulder. His arms tighten more around me. I was hurting. Everything hurt. I didn't know how to handle things right now. I look up to see the others were watching Woods and me. I pull away from Woods wiping the tears off my face. Woods looks at me worried.

"How are you guys not mad at me?" I ask. 

Matt sighs before speaking, "It was something you said to me that made me realize that I can't be mad at you for what you did" 

"What I said?" I ask. 

"That you'd do anything for someone you love," Matt says to me. 

I look at him confused "Okay and?"

"So I got to thinking about all the people you love. Woods, Us, and I guess Ben." Matt explains. "So I had to think about why you got in this situation in the first place. Ben threatened Woods to begin with. Didn't he?" 

I bite my lip "Not exactly. He said that if I helped him you guys would be left alone." I explained.

"How did you end up falling for him?" Sam asks. "If you don't mind me asking." 

I laugh nervously as think about how it happened. "I um... I'm not exactly sure how it happened. I spent a lot of time with him. He listened to me talk and he would take care of me while I was working. He brought me food and would make coffee for me." I explain as I start to smile. "He was a scientist so I could explain everything in detail and not have to change the wording to make it easier to understand."

"You really love him don't you?" Woods asks looking at me. 

I immediately stop smiling as I start to cry again. "I do but I don't think it was the same." 

Matt grabs my hands holding them gently. "Y/N. He did love you actually." Matt says. 

"What?" I say looking at him. 

"He begged the undercover cop we've been talking to let you go in tears. He didn't want you to be in there with him because he cared about you. He wanted for you to make up with us because he knew that with you being by his side you would lose everyone" Matt explains. 

I stare at Matt as my lip starts to tremble. Matt pulls me into a hug. I hug him tightly as I try to keep from crying again. My world felt like it was crumbling. My mind goes back to Ben who was still in jail and how I didn't know when I would be able to see him again. 

"Y/N?" Woods says causing me to pull away from Matt. "If you help up finish this. I will help you bail him out so you guys can be together." 

"You will?" I ask.

"We all will," Matt says

"I will help you," I say. 

After that day I went to stay with Woods. Woods caught me up on everything that had happened since I was put in jail. I listened closely to make sure I can help out the best I can. I also explained to Woods everything I had found out about the serum. It was weird to be back beside my brother after everything had happened but I was glad he was still in my life. 

As I head to bed that night I couldn't keep my mind from going to Ben. How could he do this to me even after he said he wouldn't? I guess I appreciated it but I couldn't help but be upset that he went against my wishes. I sigh as I lay on my back on the couch and close my eyes hoping to fall asleep but sleep never came. I groan as I sit up. I move to the window in the living room and look out into the night sky. 

A text comes through to my phone that I was allowed to have back from the officers. I look at it to find an unknown number had texted me. 

I can get him out sooner than they will

I scrunch my nose in confusion as I type back.

Who is this? 

It doesn't matter quite yet but I have enough power to get him out of jail. If you help me.

You can get him out sooner? How soon?

Tomorrow if you agree to help me. 

What do I need to do? 

Matt and his gang found an old filing cabinet that belonged to someone who worked for Syntec. I need you to locate the filing cabinet and pull files from it. I will send the names if you agree. 

And you will have him released tomorrow if I agree. 

Correct. 

I sit there silently as I debated on what to do. I could wait and help my brother but who knows how long it will take for this to be over or I could help this unknown person who can have him released tomorrow. I bit my lip as I start typing a message back. 

Send me the names. I will get you those files soon. Have him released and tell him to go to my apartment. He will be safe there. 

Of course. I'll text you once he's released. Please let me know once you have the files. I need these files: ...

I read over the names of the files I needed to find. I know that Matt and they had discovered a filing cabinet not long ago but I just needed to find where they had it stored. I hated having to go against my friend and family but I needed to see Ben again. I take a deep breath before I head to the couch to go back to sleep. Finally getting some sleep for the night.