Chapter 17

"Congrats you two" Sam says grabbing my hands tightly.

"Thank you" I say to her.

Woods walks up to Ben and I smiling “So guess we are family now huh ben?” Woods says.

“Yes. We are family now” Ben says.

"Which means no fighting right?" I say glaring playfully at them.

"Listen I wont fight with him if he doesn't fight with me" Woods says.

“I can be civil. We won’t fight. Family is family” Ben says.

I watch as my mom walks up to me and my husband. Tears were spilling down her face.

"Oh Momma don't cry" I say hugging her.

"You just look so pretty, baby" My mom says. "I wish your dad could see you right now"

"Me too" I say teary eyed. "Thank you for my necklace. I love it

“I’m glad you like it." Mom says "When your brother called me and said that were finally marrying someone I just had to make sure you were here. Even if he is a criminal"

"Mom!" I yell slightly.

"I'm just joking baby. I do have a wedding gift for both you" She says smiling as he holds out a small box with an envelope.

“Oh mom you didn't have to get us anything” I say as I take the gift.

“I know but just open it” She saysm

I hand the box to Ben as i open the envelope. In the envelope I find the deed to my childhood home. Ben holds the now open box out to me which contained keys

“Mom, are you giving us, Woods and I's childhood home?” I ask

"Yes I am. I know it’s very sudden but I can’t keep up with the house anymore now that you're brother has moved out. Your brother got me something smaller and you two just got married. You grew up in this house so I know you both can add to the memories made there if you ever have kids”

I blush at hearing this. Ben and I hadn't really talked about us having kids. I grab my moms hand and drags her aside.

“Thank you mom I really appreciate it but Ben and I haven't actually talked about kids yet” I say to her.

"Well you better because I want grandkids" Mom says. "Listen Im just happy you found someone who makes you happy. He better treat you right or i'll...

"Or you'll have Woods shoot him" I say to her.

"Exactly" She says looking proud.

I shake my head just as our DJ announces it was time for Ben and I's first dance as newly  weds. I walk over to Ben who had sat down our gift from my mom. He grabs my hand gently as he leads me out to the dance for. His hand grabs my waist as he pulls me close.

As the music plays, if felt as though the whole room faded away and it was just the two of us. Ben occasionally spins me and dips me before pulling me in a quick kiss.

"I love you Mrs. Cobalt" Ben says.

"I love you too Mr. Cobalt" I say back.

Before long others came to join us on the dance floor. The rest of the night felt so magical and it was perfect.

"You know you look wonderful in that dress" Ben says as he leads me off the dance floor. "But i can't wait to get it on the floor"