Chapter 16

I waited patiently with the girls as we waited for it to be time to walk down the aisle. I was getting ready to marry the love of my life today. I was so excited yet so nervous for today. Sam who was my maid of honor has been helping me keep my nerves at bay for the most part. The knock at the door causes me to jump slightly. Bailey quickly goes over to answer it. My brother walks in in a nice black tux with a red tie. I sigh in relief seeing him. 

"Wow look at you," Woods said smiling. 

"Look at you all cleaned up nicely," I say smiling causing him to laugh.

"Haha, very funny," Woods says before handing me a box.

"What's this?" I asked taking it. 

"So mom got you something and asked me to give it to you when I came to get you," Woods says. 

I open the box revealing a heart-shaped locket. I pick it up out of the box handing Sam the box. I open the locket revealing two pictures inside. On one side was a picture of Woods and I while on the other was a picture of Mom and Dad. I started to tear up seeing it. 

"Oh sis don't cry you're going to mess up your makeup," Woods says quickly wiping the tears away before they could escape further down my cheek. 

"I'm sorry I just miss him," I say looking up at Woods. 

"I know I do too," Woods says taking the necklace from my hands gently. "Here turn around." 

I turn around which allowed Woods to put the necklace on me. Once the necklace was on Sam hands me my bouquet to let me know it was time. I take a deep breath as I move to grab Woods's arm since he was going to be walking be down the aisle. The girls head out in front of us as we slowly follow behind. 

"Relax" Woods say noticing how nervous I was.

"I'm trying," I say to him. 

Woods leans over and kisses my cheek before the doors open to allow us to walk down the aisle. My eyes lock on Ben's as Woods leads me down the aisle. I look around to see all my friends at Spellbound+ as well as the families of some of those friends in the audience. Matt stood next to Ben. He quickly gives me a thumbs up which causes me to smile more and relax. As we walked closer, I quickly noticed I wasn't the only one who was nervous. Ben looked even more nervous than I was as he stares at me in awe. The priest looks at me and Woods once we were in front of them. 

"Who is giving away this Woman to this Man?" The priest asks. 

"I am," Woods says. 

"We are," My mom says walking up beside me. 

My mom wasn't exactly thrilled about me marrying Ben, especially after everything Woods had told her. So having her supporting me now made my heart sore with happiness. I quickly turn towards her and hug her tightly. 

"Thank you" I whisper to her before moving to hug Woods. 

I hand my bouquet to Sam before moving to stand in front of Ben. Woods moves to stand with Matt. Ben grabs my hands gently as he smiles sweetly towards me. 

The priest looks towards everyone in the audience before saying "If anyone does not think these two should be married before us today, Speak now or forever hold your peace" I hold my breath listening only letting my breath out once no one speaks up "We are here today – before God – because marriage is one of His most sacred wishes – to witness the joining in marriage of Benjamin Cobalt and Y/N Demars. This occasion marks the celebration of love and commitment with which this man and this woman begin their life together. And now – through me – He joins you together in one of the holiest bonds. Do you Benjamin Cobalt take Y/N Demars to be your wife – to live together after God's ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?"

"I do," Ben says looking at me. 

"And do you Y/n Demars take Benjamin Cobalt to be your husband – to live together after God's ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart's deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?" The priest says towards me

"I do," I say smiling.

"May we have the rings please?" The priest asks. Matt hands the rings to the priest before going back to his spot. "Good now I know you two have a few things you wanted to say to each other so we will have the groom go first"

I watch Ben take a deep breath before taking my ring in his hand. He looks at me nervously. I nod at him slightly to give him strength. 

"Y/N, I know that I've done wrong in my life and I know that I've caused you to do wrong as well however you never let that affect how you felt towards me. You stay by my side through all of it even if that meant losing family in the process and I couldn't be more grateful for the love you've given me. You have been the thing that I needed in my life to keep going. I meant it when I said you were my life source now but I promise to be dedicated to you and only you for better or for worse and in sickness and in health for the rest of our lives" Ben says before sliding my ring onto my finger.

"And now the bride" The priest. 

I smile as I take Ben's ring in my hand. "Ben, I remember the day I started to have feelings for you. I was finishing up a few things for work and you were mimicking my movements. I ended up getting so annoyed with you that I had thrown my notebook at you which somehow managed to hit you in the face giving you a black eye. Instead of getting mad at me so started to laugh. It was the first time I had ever heard you laugh and it made me realize how much I loved the sound. That day I had decided that I was going to be there for you and make sure there was a smile on your face.  I love you more than you could ever imagine and I promise to be dedicated to you and only you for better or for worse and in sickness and in health for the rest of our lives," I say before sliding the ring onto his finger. 

"By the power vested in me in the state of California, I now pronounce you husband and wife." The priest says before turning to Ben, You may now kiss the bride"

Ben wasted no time grabbing my waist and pulling me to him. His lips meet mine quickly before he dips me slightly. Applauds and cheers echoed through the room the loudest being my brother beside us. 

"I give you Mr. and Mrs. Cobalt," the Priest says as Ben and I pull apart.