Chapter 26

I watched as my family passes my new born baby around. Ruby had just been born not even a day ago and she was already spoiled. We were still st the hospital but I was soon going to be allowed to go home. Woods insisted that he or mom stays with Ben and I with the baby. I knew it was just because Woods wanted to be around his neice.

Once I was able to go home, everyone headed their seperate ways while Ben Woods and I went home with Ruby. Ben was on high alert due to some news we had gotten recently. Deb somehow managed to get out of prison. Ben knew that the police just released here since most of the officers there worked for Syntec.

I put Ruby to bed once we got home. It was later in the afternoon and everyone was exhausted. We all layed down for a bit however I didn't sleep. I waited until I knew Ben was asleep to get up and leave. I wrote a quick note to explain everything.

Dear Ben,

I have to take care of this. We all know if I don't she is going to come for Ruby. Please don't come look for me. I will return as soon as Deb is dealt with.

I love you. Take care of Ruby while im gone.

Love always and forever,
Y/N.

I kiss the note gently as tears spilled. The hardest thing as a mother is having to step away from their new born in order to protect them. I moved to the garage and pulled out a gun out of the safe. I knew where Deb would be. It was obvious after everything recently. The gravesite of one Wesley Nathaniel which now was the home of one Nelson Syphus.

I got in the car and took off. I drove in silence to the location. I could see Deb ahead kneeling in front of the graves. I hide the gun as i also grabbed the flowers i had saved from the ones i was given when Ruby was born. I got out of the car and walks towards her. Deb never onced moved as I walked up beside her and kneels next to her.

"Didn't you just have a baby?" She asks me.

"Aren't you supposed to be in jail?" I ask.

"You have me there" She says with a slight smile.

"Im sorry I killed him" I say gesturing to Nelson's grave.

"Wasn't your fault. He charged you" Deb says.

"What happene to Wes?" I asked.

"I shot him" Deb says tears spilling. "It's a long story. I never meant for it to happen"

I nod understanding. I hold the flowers out to her. She takes them and lays them out on the gravesites.

"You know what I'm here for, correct?" I ask her.

"Of course I do." Deb says looking at me.

"Good." I say standing up. I pull the gun out and press it to her head. "I promise you will see them soon"

"Y/N!" I hear someone yell. I turn to see Ben walking to me.

"I told you to not follow me" I growl.

"You don't have to do this." Ben says to me. "We can figure it out. All of us" Ben looks yo Deb. "I know this isn't you Deb. Nelson no longer has control over you"

Deb starts to laugh. "Nelson never had control over me." She says before grabbing the gun out of my hands.

Deb quickly aims the gun to Ben pulling the trigger. I shove her a bit so the bullet doesn't hit anything major on Ben. I could hear him grunt in pain as Deb and I hit the ground. I grab the gun. I reload it quickly and put a bullet right in Deb's head. I drop the gun before running to Ben.

"You idiot. I told you not to come for this reason" I say as I pull my sweatshirt off to press into the wound on Ben's side.

Luckily it was a graze but it was still deep. I help Ben up and to the car where I knew a medkit would be. I quickly got to work cleaning up his wound and stitching it. Being a scientist had its perks especially since I had to have medical training for my specific job. Once I had him all patched up. I glare at him again.

"You're so cute when you're mad at me" Ben says to me.

"Don't pull that shit right now." I growl at him as I put him into the car. "How did you get here anyway?"

"I may of been hiding in the trunk. I felt you leave so i climbed out the window knowing you were off somewhere. I hide in the trunk of the car." Ben explains.

"I hate you sometimes you know" I say as i drive.

"Yet you still love me" Ben says. "How did you know she was gonna be here?"

"Lucky guess." I say lying. It one of the lady letter deb sent, she stated that this is where she would be if she was ever caught.

"So it's all over? Syntec is done" Ben says.

"Its done" I say to him. "We can finally live normal lives again"

Ben smiles at me.

We got back just before Woods woke up. Ben and I decided to keep it a secret that Deb was now dead. I quickly went to shower to wash all the blood off my skin. I knew I should feel quilty but I don't. I did eventually go back to give Deb a proper burial. I guess in the end I just reminded myself that I did everyone a favor. No one in the entire world would have to go through Syntec experimentation ever again.

Ben and I could finally raise Ruby without the fear of Deb coming after her. My family would not longer be a target because Syntec managed to influence our lives. Sam, Woods and Matt could continue being youtuber without the fear of someone messing up their lives.

And in the year that followed well let's just say Ben was more than happy to announce that we would be having another baby. A baby boy to be exact. My mom almost fainted at the thought of having a boy in the family who acted like Woods and was as smart as Ben especially since Ruby took after me.

To say things were perfect now would only describe the beginning of how perfect our lives actually were. But I can say that we are all living day to day happily.