Chapter 11

I silently walk around Red Base while everyone was busy with meetings. I silently look through closets and in empty offices to find this file cabinet that contains the files I need to get. I knew it was in Red Base based on what Woods had told me. The only question was where exactly is the filing cabinet was in Red Base. 

I open the closet beside the stairs sighing in relief as I find the cabinet. I quietly open and it digs through it. I pull out the files with the names given to me by the unknown number. I slide the folders into the laptop bag that I had brought along with me. Once I had the files I quietly close up the cabinet and close the closet. I walk to the bathroom and pull out my phone to text the unknown number.

Me: I have the files. 

I waited for the reply so I could leave the studio. I had told Woods I was meeting up with an old friend for lunch that I would be back later. Woods was skeptical about it at first finally agreed for me to go because he was hoping it would help me Ben being in jail. My phone going off makes me look at it. 

Unknown: Good meet me here. {Random Address} 

I smile as I put my phone away. I quietly leave the studio and walk down the road heading to the location I was given. I was nervous about doing this but if it meant I could see Ben again then I was going to do it. I reach the location and look around. I was in an area that looked like an old park. I sit down on one of the benches and wait. 

I shiver as a breeze blows through the valley. I look around to see if anyone had shown up yet. Upon seeing no one I pull out my phone to see if I had any new messages. Upon seeing none I send a quick text to the unknown number. 

Me: I am at the location. Where are you?

"Right behind you," A voice says to me. 

I jump up from my spot and turn around. There stook a man with his face hidden with a mask and a hood. I scrunch my face up in confusion when I notice Ben was not with the man. I hold onto the laptop bag tightly. 

"Where's Ben?" I asked. 

"Oh, right you actually thought that I was going to release him if you gave me the files," The stranger said to me. 

"You said you would release him" I stated holding the bag tighter. 

"And you're too stupid and naive," The stranger says stepping towards me. "Now give me the files"

I shake my head as I back up. "No Ben means no files. We made a deal!" I stated

"Don't make me force you girl" The stranger grabs my wrist tightly.

"Let go!" I scream. 

"Files. Now" He growls. 

"Fuck. You" I spat at him. 

My face is grabbed roughly "Watch your mouth. You will give me those files or I will make sure you never see your boyfriend ever again" 

My eyes widen at the thought of never seeing Ben again but then hardens quickly "I said Fuck you! Now let me go! You don't get to make deals and back out of it! You can forget getting these files!" I spat 

My head quickly jerks to the side as my cheek stings. Blood seeps through my now busted lip. I reach up and gently touch my now bruising cheek wincing slightly. 

"You would stoop that low, wouldn't you. To hit a girl" I say smirking slightly. 

"You're lucky that's all I did" The stranger growls. 

"Do your worst cause you aren't getting these files" I growl back

"With pleasure," The stranger says a sly smirk crossing his features. 

----

I walk back to the studio limping. The events of earlier replaying in my head. Being beat up by some random guy over files was the last thing I wanted to happen but I never thought I would be in a situation. My ribs screamed as I reached Red Base. I make eye contact with Woods through the doors who immediately runs to open the door for me. Worry dashed around his features as he scans the bruises and busted lip. 

"What happened?" Woods asks pulling me inside.

I could see Matt, Sam, and Bailey sitting in the waiting area. Tears stung my eyes at the reality of the whole situation. I turn my attention away as my breathing picked up causing my ribs to hurt more. I gasp in pain as I started to sob. Woods helps me over to where Matt was sitting me down next to him. 

"Please don't hate me" I sobbed.

"Why would we hate you?" Matt asks. 

I looked up at him tears spilling down my face "I made a terrible mistake"