Chapter 12

"You did what?" Matt yells at me.

I had explained to them what happened. Matt was a lot madder at me than I had expected but I knew I deserved it. I whimpered slightly at his yelling. I cover my face up with my hands. 

"I just wanted him back Matt. Wouldn't you do anything for your wife?" I asked. 

"That's beside the point Y/N. You betrayed us again" Matt says to me.

"Okay that's enough Matt," Woods says kneeling in front of me. "You can't deny that you wouldn't do anything to see your wife again" 

"I think she knows what she did was wrong." Sam says finally speaking up "But Woods is right Matt wouldn't you do anything for your Wife? Especially if you were forcibly separated from her?"

Matt sighs "That doesn't mean she's still off the hook," Matt says calming down slightly. 

"Look at her Matt! I think she can be off the hook this time. I think this is punishment enough" Woods says to Matt. 

I wince as I move slightly holding my ribs. 

Woods moves to check my face out. "This person got you good, didn't they," Woods says to me his thumb brushing over my busted lip slightly. I wince as I pull back from his touch. "Sorry," Woods mumbles. 

Matt walks over and finally kneels down next to Woods looking up at me. In his hand was a medical kit. He goes through it pulling out a few things to clean up my face. He lightly pulls my face closer as he wipes the blood from my lip off my face. I wince when he goes over my lip. 

"I'm sorry Matt," I say to him. 

"I know you are. I'm mad, yes but I'm also proud of you." Matt says to me

"You are?" I ask. 

"Yeah. You must have put up a fight when he didn't have Ben with him" Matt says to me. 

"He made a deal that he didn't fall through with so I wasn't going to give him the files without a fight. The files for Ben. No Ben... No files" I say sniffling slightly. "He said that if I didn't give him the files I would never see Ben again." Matt stops what he's doing to look at me more. "I guess this means I'll never see him again," I say as I start to cry. 

"You really love him don't you," Matt asks me. 

I sigh "Yeah I do. The time I spent with him wasn't bad. He took care of me. He made sure I ate and slept. I would do so many long nights to figure out the formula for the serum that he would make me go to bed. Told me that if I didn't he was gonna tie me to the bed so I had to sleep." I laugh at the memories. "He would make me coffee in the early mornings and make sure my cup was always full. He always tried so hard to make it exactly how I liked it but he always managed to mess it up somehow. I would drink it anyway to make him happy. I could always tell when we would smile cause his eyes would light up and his mask would move just slightly." 

The crew stares at me in shock as I talk about Ben in a way that they didn't see him as. Woods was the first to understand how much I actually loved the phantom. Tears fall down my cheeks as I finish talking about Ben knowing I would never see him again. Matt wipes my tears away.

"I didn't realize how much you really did love him. I'm sorry for locking him away. You definitely see him in a different way than we do." Matt says to me pulling me into a tight hug. 

"It's not your fault. Ben made his choice to try and disperse serum into the valley." I explain. "I'm sorry for attacking you that day. I was just trying to-" 

"Protect him. Crazy what someone would do for someone they love right?" Matt says smiling at me. 

I laugh slightly looking at him before I start to cry again. "Do you think I'll ever see him again?" I ask. 

"I don't know,"  Matt says to me. "He's in a lot of trouble for what he did. We were only able to get you out because Ben said he was forcing you to do what you were doing"

I nod sadly. My heart shattered more as I thought about never seeing Ben again. Wood rubbed my arm gently looking at Matt before looking back at me. 

"Come on sis let's get you to the hospital and get your ribs checked out," Woods says pulling me off the couch. 

At the end of the day, I was told that I had 2 broken ribs, a bruised muscle in my side, and a sprained ankle. Woods sets me down on the couch at his apartment setting my crutches on the floor near me before walking to his room to call Matt. 

Woods POV

"Hey, Matt," I say after Matt answers the phone.

"How is she?" Matt asks through the phone. 

"Two broken ribs, a bruised muscle in her side, and a sprained ankle. She will be on crutches for at least 2 weeks." I explain. 

"Send me the medical bill. I'll take care of it" Matt says to me. 

"Matt I can't let you do that," I say to him. 

"It's the least I can do for her," Matt says. 

I sigh looking out into the living room to see my sister asleep on the couch. Dry tears stained her face. "Is there any way we can-" I start to say. 

"I know what you're gonna say. It'll take a lot of convincing." Matt says to me. 

"I know," I say back. "I just want her to be happy again. I would do anything to see her smile like she did when she was talking about him"