Chapter 15

"Where are we going?" I asked Sam and Bailey who were both pulling me by my hands through the mall, away from the boys who were there with us.

"We are going dress shopping," Sam says excitedly.

"For what occasional?" I ask looking back towards the boys who were talking amongst themselves. I watch Ben look up towards the jewelry story that was nearby.

"There's no occasion we just like to shop," Bailey says yanking me into the closest dress shop.

I laugh at the girls as they quickly start looking through the racks of dresses. I look through a few of the racks of well. I pull out a short red dress. It was a spaghettis strapped dress with a cut out on the right upper thigh area. I walk over to show the girls who immediately push me into the dressing room to try it on. After putting the dress on I look towards the mirror in the room. I smile at how it looked on me. It hugged every curve perfectly and hung just low enough on my chest to show off just a bit of cleavage. I open the door to show the girls who went absolutely nuts over how it looked on me. I quickly think back to Ben and how he would react seeing me in this dress. I hoped he was having a fun time with the boys today.

----------

Ben's POV

I watch Y/N get dragged away by Bailey and Sam to take her shopping for a dress for our date later. I had planned on purposing to her during this date but first I had to get ring. Matt and Woods were going to help me since Matt had done this before and Woods knows his sister better than anyone. Once we were sure the girls were long gone, we all walked into the jewelry store nearby.

"HI! How can I help you guys?" The lady at the display cases asked as we walked up.

"We are helping this young gentleman pick out an engagement ring" Matt says putting a hand on my shoulder

"Ooo how exciting! I'd be happy to help. I just need to know a few things about the lucky person so we can get the perfect ring for them" The lady says causing me to nod. "Okay first off ring size?"

Woods pulls a ring out of his pocket and hands it to the lady "This should be the correct size, I borrowed from her earlier" Woods explains.

"Alright let me just go compare this to our sizing rings to find the correct size" the lady says as she walks away.

As we waited I looked down in the display case in front of us quickly notices a gold banded ring with a pear cut ruby in the center with two diamonds in either side. I nudge Woods and Matt pointing to it.

"What do you think of this one?" I ask them.

"It's simple which is good but why red?" Woods asks me.

"At one point Life's Blood was my life source but now she is. I want to remind her that she fuels my life now" I explain.

"That's perfectly said Ben" Matt says to me.

The lady comes back and hands the ring Woods gave her back to him "So it looks like she's a [ring size]. Do you have a specific style you are looking for?" She asks looking at me

"Actually I think I just picked the perfect ring out." I say pointing to the ring in the display case.

"Ah yes. That ring is absolutely gorgeous." The lady says pulling it out of the case so I can have a closer look at it. "This ring can also be engraved if you wish."

"How long would an engravement take?" I ask.

"I'd say maybe an hour as long as it's not long" She answers.

"The girls will keep her shopping till then if that's what you want to do" Matt says.

"Then let's do that." I turn back to the lady "I'll take that ring with the name Cobalt engraved into it" I spell my last name out for her before paying for the ring. I give her my number to call me when the ring is ready

The boys then take me to go pick up a nice tux for my date. The boys made me pick out a nice white tux with a red tye, different than the black I'm used to wearing. They insisted that it would make Y/N swoon. By the time we were done, the ring was finished and we all headed back to meet the girls.

Y/N and I soon headed back to our apartment to get ready for our date. We got ready in separate rooms to not ruin the surprise of how we would look. I touch the inside pocket of my tux jacket gently as I take a deeo breathe. I was nervous but excited about this.

-----
Y/N POV

I take one more look st myself int he mirror before I walk out to meet Ben in the living room. As I walked in I was blown away by the sight in front of me. Ben stood there in a white tux with red roses in his hand. His eyes light up at the sight of me.

"Oh wow" He says looking me over.

"I should be saying the same about you" I say to him.

He laughs slightly before he holds the roses out to me. I take them gently smiling. I mumble a slight thank you as I pull on out of the bouquet to put in my hair. Ben helps me secure it in my hair.

"Are you ready to go?" Ben asks me.

"Yes" I answer.

Ben gently leads me out to the car we shared now. He opens the door for me and helps me inside before getting in the car himself. The drive to the location was quiet. Ben had originally told me that he was taking me to a fancy dinner but as we got to our destination I realized it wasnt the case. Ben as brought us to a park where on portion near the trees were decorated with fairy lights and blanket laid on the ground under it.

"I know I told you were going to a fancy restaurant but I wanted to do something a bit more special" Ben says helping me out of the car.

"Oh this is so much better than a fancy restaurant" I say tears filling my eyes.

Ben walks me over and helps me down onto the blanket. He sits next to me allowing me to lean into his side. I laugh slightly as I watch my brother walk over acting as our waiter. Dinner was simple but it was the best dinner I had in a long time. I was so happy in the moment as I stared up at the fairy lights that I didnt notice Ben getting on one knee behind me.

"Y/N" Ben says causing me to look at him. My eyes widen at the sight as I move to my knees to face him. "I had a whole speech prepared for this night, for this moment but it has completely let me as I stare at the beauty before me. Y/N I couldn’t have asked for a better partner in crime. You gave up everything for me. You gave up your relationship with your friends and family in order to be by me. I've never had anyway in my life who was willing to throw everything away for me. You're my weakness and my strength. You're my life source now and I was hoping you would let me give you my last name" Ben opens a sma box he held revealing the ring he had picked out. Tears spilled down my face in happiness. "Y/N Demars will you marry me?"

"Yes! Oh my god Yes!" I say quickly jumping into his arms hugging him tightly.

Ben slips the ring on my finger before hugging me tightly. The cheering behind me causes me to jump and look towards it. My brother, Matt, Bailey, and Sam were all there cheering for us. Sam obviously had the camera in her hand to record the whole thing. I couldn't help but smile more knowing my family supported me more then ever.