Forgotten cities

The group was out of the car. They were walking around nature next to their colourful car. "Look Omi-Omi, strawberries!" Atsumu screamed as he ran farther in the wilderness. "Can we try and stay on the path?" Akaashi asked, a little scared. "Nah, it's more exciting like this," Bokuto answered, also running away.

Ten minutes later, the group was climbing a rock. "Why are we doing this?" Iwaizumi asked, irritated. "It's cool- Oh Atsu hurry up! There is a house." Oikawa said, standing on the rock.

As they looked at the scenery they did indeed see the old abandoned house. "Let's take a look at it," Kiyoomi said as he ran towards the cottage. "Wait Kiyo! Are you sure?" "What, are you scared, Kou?" "NO IM NOT, hmmm."

They looked around and as they approached they saw an old path. "Should we follow it?" Atsumu asked. "I wanna follow and see where it leads," Oikawa replied instantly.

"I'm unsure about that." Akaashi shivered. Bokuto put his arm around the younger one and smiled. "Don't worry, I'll be next to you, Okay?" As a reply, he got a nod and blush from a flustered Akaashi.

Atsumu, Oikawa and Kiyoomi were walking ahead, searching around for any sign of life. "It's no use, let's just go back." Iwaizumi said as the grass got higher and nature got wilder. The others sighed. "Kay."

On their way back it started to drip. "I think it's gonna rain," Oikawa said as he felt a drip on his nose. "No, it must be your imagination." his lover just mumbled. But the brunet was right because sometime later it started to rain.

"Seriously?" Iwaizumi said in frustration. "I said so." Oikawa had a sassy tone in his voice. "Let's just go to the car," Kiyoomi stated. He started to climb the rocks but slipped down. "The rocks are slippery, because of the rain. We can't climb them." He grumbled in pain.

"Omi are you okay?" The blond kneeled down helping the other up. "Yeah, try entering the cottage." He mumbled.

The black-haired boy tried standing up but winced in pain. Atsumu offered his arm for the other to lean on.

"It's locked!" Oikawa said as he tried to open the doors and windows. The others just looked around in desperation.

Iwaizumi sighed. "Let's just follow the road again, it must lead somewhere." He decided and the others just followed him.

Now that they had an injured person they had to find a place to patch the wound. And how deeper in nature they vanished, how more important this became.

Atsumu was still helping the other walk, while he was close to a panic attack. "Do you think we'll find something?" He asked desperately. "I'm not sure." He just got as a reply.

Akaashi was holding Bokuto's arm, scared of whatever this place was.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi seemed to be the only ones having it together.

Twenty minutes passed and the group came to an open area. This wasn't an area in a forest or anything, it was a town.

The houses were big and normal, but it was obvious that they were old. They looked as if they were just used yesterday but if you looked close you could see that they were reminiscing of an area long passed.

"What is this?" Akaashi looked around in horror. Bokuto just shrugged his shoulders. "It looks abandoned." Kiyoomi held the blond tight as they looked into the window.

Oikawa had run off and as he came back you could hear him whisper. "This whole town is abandoned."

They made their way through the place, but every house was locked or filthy. Soon enough they came to the end of this place where they could see the school.

"Look, it isn't locked!" Oikawa happily said, wanting to finally get out of the rain.

As they entered they could see the lockers where they should change their shoes into indoor shoes. The lockers were still intact and some of the lockers still had something in them. One of the things they found was a letter in a girl's locker. Iwaizumi read it out loud.

"Dear diary, today was the last day of school. I will have to leave this place as our community is disappearing. 

Ukai-sensei decided to close our school, mom and dad also decided to move to the city for this reason. I don't know if I ever set foot in this town again. I will miss it, but most of my friends are also going to move away. 

This school is where I spend most of my life, let it be overtaken by nature just like Nekoma-Samma's cottage did. We'll all end up leaving, so it's only a matter of time until no one lives here. 

Signed by Minaho Ono in 1983."

"Wait, isn't that like 39 years ago?" Atsumu was surprised by the date. "Yeah, it is."

"Looks like she was right, the town is literally lost in time," Oikawa spoke, it was in a silent voice as if he was scared to speak up.

"If it's okay, Omi and I will search for the nursery office," Atsumu said as he made his way to the doors, of course, he first changed his shoes. He and the other started moving to the stairs. "Omi will you be able to climb the stairs?" He asked, earning a nod from the other.

As they walked on the first floor they walked past some classrooms from second years. Soon enough they found the nursery office.

"I just hope that we'll find something," he whispered to himself as Kiyoomi sat down on one of the beds.

To his surprise everything was as if it was just used yesterday as if he was still in his old high school, waiting for the nurse to help his friend.

"I found a bandage and something that I think is supposed to be crutches." He said as he passed the stuff to the other.

Kiyoomi smiled as the blond put the bandage on his foot. "You would be a fine nurse." He commented. "You think?" Atsumu asked, not taking his eyes away from the foot. "Yeah, a nurse dress would really fit you as well. Did Oikawa get you that?" Kiyoomi joked as Atsumu got bright red.

"Don't say that, Kawa just bought that to embarrass me!" he whined. They were done and Kiyoomi took the crutches to move around. He was slightly sad that he couldn't lean on Atsumu anymore.

They made it to the second floor and entered one of the senior year's classrooms.

"Man it really looks as if it was just used yesterday," Atsumu said as he walked to the front of the class. "Yeah." Kiyoomi was looking at the lockers in the back of the class, he also looked at the class schedule.

These poor kids had two hours of math in the first hours of the week, after that Japanese. Ooh, they started their Saturday with PE." He said as he looked at the schedule."

"Meh, I had it as bad in my second year," Atsumu answered. "We started our Monday with PE as if you want to run around when it's a crisp morning and you're still sleepy. Then we had math for an hour and after that we had homemaking.

 We were always really hungry and I'm not a good cook so I had to ask others if I could borrow some of their food." He sighed at the memories of him pleading to Osamu for some food because they didn't bring lunch the day of homemaking class.

"Hmm" Kiyoomi hummed as he sat down on one of the desks. "It's kinda surreal, a place that is left alone for over twenty years, but it feels frozen in time. I think that it's even sad."

Atsumu nodded even though his Omi was looking out the window, paying him no mind.

"The rain isn't going to stop soon, wanna go and search for the rest?" He asked as his eyes met the other's green ones. "Nah, I prefer staying here alone with you," Kiyoomi said with a warm smile.

The blond felt his heart leap for a second as he couldn't help but smile back. "Sure thing."