The sad pianist

There are some TW in this chapter.

TW: Car crashes, death(no one dies in the chapter, they do talk about it) and thunder and lightning storms.

"Kageyama Tobio."

The boy bowed awkwardly and looked at the side embarrassed. "Sooo Tobio-Kun? You're a really good pianist." Atsumu said with a cheeky smile on his face.

"You think so? Thanks, I guess." The dark-haired mumbled growing red because of the compliment.

"Say, That was the Turkish march, wasn't it?" Atsumu asked as he skipped to the piano.

"Oh yeah, my old friend and I used to play it together... My sister taught me." Kageyama answered. He hadn't looked Atsumu in the eyes at all.

"You've got a sister?" The blond asked while he played with some of the piano keys.

"Had...I had a sister." Atsumu's hands stopped moving and the melody was brought to a stop.

"I-I'm so sorry for your loss." He said, staring at the black and white piano.

Kageyama was now finally looking at him. "It's okay...She crashed together with my parents...I still have her music to remind me of the good times." He silently said. "Please don't cry." Kageyama then whispered.

Atsumu hadn't even realized that he was crying. He couldn't imagine losing his brother. Even losing his father, who was the worst, was a hard thing for him to think of.

It is his family and it is about people he loves.

He then thought of something. 'Osamu must have thought I died.' Atsumu's eyes widened. He was the reason that Osamu was hurting and that his twin was so miserable.

He could have helped his dear lovely brother when he met Suna at the show-off, but he decided to be a coward. He was selfish and didn't think of how hurt the other must have been.

Atsumu felt a feeling of guilt place itself inside his stomach.

"mu, he-, HEY YOU OKAY ATSUMU-SAN?" He was snapped out of his thoughts because of the sudden scream.

He looked up to see Kageyama in worry and distress. "Sorry, I was kinda gone." He smiled sweetly, but fake.

"AH KIYOOMI-SAN!" The orange head leapt to the other. "What is it?" Kiyoomi asked, he had just left the bathroom after his bath.

"YOU ARE GOING TO CONFESS RIGHT?" Hinata excitedly said. Kiyoomi looked surprised, "Wha-no-where-ahum," He coughed trying to collect himself. "Where did you get that I lov-like Atsumu."

He tried to play it off but his red face was betraying his act.

"You don't think that you're good at hiding it, do you?" The tangerine asked unimpressed. Kiyoomi just looked at the side.

Hinata sight. "Oh my god, you do." He whispered. He was quite impressed that the curly-haired boy was still believing that his admiration for the blond was hidden.

He also thought that Kiyoomi was a fool, he was wearing his emotions on his sleeve, but still hadn't told the oblivious bastard that he loved him.

"I-I don't know...Should I confess?" "OF COURSE YOU SHOULD!!" Hinata had a look of determination. "You WILL confess." He then demanded.

"Who will confess?" A calm soothing voice asked.

"ASKJZzd AAAh, BaKageyama!" Hinata screamed in irritation to Kageyama who just looked around confused.

"Do you like someone?" He asked Hinata. His face grew a little disappointed for a second but changed back to neutral immediately.

"Ah! wHAt NOoo!" Hinata screamed looking at the side. Kageyama just looked at the other like a confused puppy. "So you're not going to confe-" "I WAS TALKING TO KIYOOMI-SAN" The tangerine's face matched his red jumper as he played with his hands? "It wasn't about me.." He mumbled.

"Oh hey Hinata, and?" Iwaizumi came out of one of the doors. "Kageyama Tobio. Nice to meet you." The raven boy just said bowing. Iwaizumi's eyes narrowed as if he was trying to remember something.

Kageyama was getting kinda anxious because of the eyes on him. "Hahaha, don't worry Kageyama, I just believed that I've heard your name somewhere. Maybe I was just thinking of someone else." Iwaizumi laughed. He still believes that he knew that name from somewhere, but couldn't lay his finger on where he got it from.

"Ah IWaaaa, you seen Kawa?" Atsumu came from upstairs. He and Kiyoomi's eyes met and both looked to the side, remembering their interaction with Hinata.

"Thoru went to the kitchen, he got some calming tea against his fear of storms." The blond nodded. "Oikawa is also scared of thunder?" Kiyoomi asked.

Kageyama's ears twitched a little as he heard that name. "Oikawa" he whispered under his breath, no-one heard him though.

Iwaizumi didn't get to answer as the brunet came walking to them. "Yeah I am, lightning and thunder are just terrifying." He shivered.

He froze in his spot when his eyes met the ocean blues. "What are you doing here?" He asked Kageyama. He looked at the younger boy as if he had just seen a ghost.

"Well, this is an orphanage and my parents did die..." Kageyama awkwardly and sadly spoke. "Wait...What." Oikawa's face shifted to surprise after that it read horror. "Their d-dead?" He asked, he just couldn't believe it.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Atsumu asked in surprise. He hadn't really followed the convo they were having because he was staring at his Omi.

"Oh yeah, we were in the same school," Kageyama answered. "Yeah, but we weren't really close..we just saw each other in the halls." Oikawa butted in.

Kageyama's hand formed a small fist. It was obvious that those words hurt him, unfortunate nobody realized it.

Later that evening the storm had died down, but the boys were allowed to stay for the week.

Bokuto and Oikawa became fast friends with Hinata, same with Atsumu who was also close with Kageyama. Iwaizumi, Akaashi and Kiyoomi became closer to Kageyama.

They figured out that Hinata had become 18 in the summer and that Kageyama was going to turn that age in December.

After shopping and a lot of talking, they decided to ask the two to join their trip.

Oikawa was against it at first but ended up agreeing to let them join. "So you two wanna come?" Akaashi asked sweetly.

"YEAH, I LOVE TOO! I'M GONNA PACK RIGHT NOW!" Hinata screamed happily. Kageyama said yes as well, he had stars in his eyes when they asked him.

"Where is he?" Bokuto asked while they were packing their stuff into the car. They had gone to the market with the adults of the house, where they bought food, drinks and a new map.

"SORRY THAT I'M LATE!" Hinata ran up to them. His cello case in his hand.

"Is that all your stuff?" Oikawa asked, raising a brow. "Yeah, you need clothes, BOKE," Kageyama said irritatingly.

"Ohh right, I forgot that...I'm getting some clothes right now." He smiled as he ran back inside.

Now ready for departure, the mom was still giving the two orphans small advice and hugs.

"Here you go, my baby." She said as she hugged the tangerine. Hinata smiled as he hugged her back.

He had been in the orphanage for a long time and the caretakers had become his new family. "Don't you dare forget to keep in contact with Natsu." She then said in a scarier tone. "I won't." He smiled thinking of his younger sister, she was so cute and he had sworn to keep a lot of contact with her.

The mom hugged Kageyama. "You're gonna do great. Take care of Shoyo, you never know what trouble he'll get himself into." She smiled; earning a nod and smile from the dark-haired boy.

"BYE HOPE WE SEE YOU SOON AGAIN!" Bokuto screamed as they started to drive away.

And that's how the two musicians completed the group of 8.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, next week will be a big one. I think a lot of you have been waiting for next week's chapter so yeah. I might post a bonus chapter of this one in the week, though I don't know if I will finish it this week.

Anyway, I'm very excited about next week's part.