♛ 43

Dasom felt her legs slowly giving up on her, knees trembling uncontrollably. She fell to the ground, not believing the news she just heard.

The one and only person in this world she cared about the most was gone.

"Dasom—"

"Leave." She commanded, her voice stern and cold.

Daehyun, her brother, pursed his lips as he walked out of Heejin's room.

She was left alone in her sister's room, hands sweating and shaking. If only this was a dream, it would've been so much better for her. She had prayed multiple times for her sister's safety, but this is what she got.

Maybe, just maybe, she truly was a damned human being. She was the reason her parents brought her sister to this world, to cover up her sins in the past—the massacre. Now, her sister's gone because of her too.

She felt her vision began to blur out as her tears streamed down her eyes like waterfall, downpour. She wanted to scream, but her voice got stuck in her throat.

As she closed her eyes, she let her body completely take over her. She mindlessly walked out from her terrace and when she opened her eyes again, the first thing she saw was the ocean right in front of her eyes.

She was in complete hysteria.

Standing at the edge of the cliff, she stood there in silence as tears continued to fall down. Everything hurt—her head, chest, body. Everything.

So she thought, this was it. It will end here.

Hence she took a step forward. But peculiarly, she was pulled backwards by a sudden force. She was pulled into a warm embrace, making her cry out loud.

"What are you doing?" He spoke rather harshly.

Dasom immediately knew who it was. A voice she was very familiar with along with the scent she very much loved; his perfume.

She let him wrap her arms around his body, feeling extremely vulnerable as she let all of her walls break, torn apart, in front of him.

He slowly pulled away, looking at her straight in the eye. His eyes soften upon seeing her puffy eyes, "Mark, Heejin—"

"She's alive, Dasom."

Dasom's breath got caught up in her trachea, not believing a word he just said. "How'd you know?"

"I just know. Now shh," he pulled her back against his chest. "Shut up and let me hold you. Heejin will be fine."

Dasom sniffled, wrapping her arms around him. She felt weak being like this, but somehow it felt comfortable. "Promise?"

"I promise, love. So don't scare me like that again, you idiot."

Beneath the moonlight, along with the brisk night breeze, he held her in his arms. He was like anesthesia that night—he numbed the pain for a while.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

The miffed man swallowed down the liquid down his throat, slamming the glass harshly on the table. He knew it was going to end up like this sooner or later, but he didn't expect his boss to really made the move. Not like this.

He wasn't the nicest guy in this world, that's right. But all he ever did was follow orders. No one seemed to ever understand that he simply did what he did because he had to.

He threw the glass across the wall, shattering it all over the place. It created a loud noise, making him even more pissed off.

The door soon opened, revealing a face so familiar to him. His younger brother.

"You were the one who took Dasom's sister here, right?" Heeseung gritted.

Taeyong let out a bitter chuckle, his palms bleeding from the glass. "What are you doing here?"

"For your information, I'm also a member of this organization. Meaning, I have a right to be in this headquarter," The younger denoted. "Why did you take her? What are you gonna do to her? For fucks sake, hyung. She's a literal child!"

"Shut the fuck up," Taeyong groaned violently. "It's none of your business. We're just taking her as a hostage and,"

Taeyong stopped in the middle of his sentence, not wanting to continue. But Heeseung's sharp glare and eyebrow raise made him sigh, "as an assurance."

"An assurance of what?" The younger pushed.

Taeyong pushed his body away from him, his palms still bleeding. He was in fact the underboss, but the boss still had control over everything. Even himself.

"So you're telling me," he began. "I'm supposed to be your sacrificial dog?"

"Lee Taeyong! You took the girl here as I ordered you, so stop with this bullshit. Behave as what you were named after, Diablo."

"Oh I'm sorry," he spoke. "Am I being too humane to your liking?"

His boss snickered. "A war will break out soon. We need to follow our plan, don't let those pricks destroy us. We just need to corner them, give them no space."

Heeseung shook his shoulder, snapping him back from his brief nightmare. "What?"

The younger closed his eyes, rubbing his temples in frustration. 

"If she dies," he spoke. "You better deal with Mark-hyung yourself."

Taeyong truly felt bad for Dasom. Because at the end, it was going to be her who will take all the burden. She'll have to make the hardest decision in her life—choosing between her sister or Mark and the mission.

 She'll have to make the hardest decision in her life—choosing between her sister or Mark and the mission

AHHHHHHHH HSHHSSHSHSHSHSHSH WOW