Chapter 5 Weird thoughts

Third person's pov

Seeing her drowning tugged his heart weirdly. It was bizarre. He never felt anything before while showing someone the consequences of crossing him, then why her? She was just his possession, nothing more. Shaking the weird feelings off his mind, he looked at her barely hanging and managing to stay up the surface. Her hands and legs frantically flailed splashing the water. He was wondering if he has gone too further in punishing her. She was fighting death. And that made his heart heavy and a gloomy feeling spread across his chest. He couldn't understand why though. Is it because he started liking her? No, he just likes her beauty. In his self-reprimanding, he failed to notice her body going slowly slack and when her voice reached his ears he came out of his stupor.

"I am sorry, forgive me, I will respect you, please save me"

His eyes widened seeing her drowning to the bottom of the swimming pool, body limp and no water bubbles coming out of her mouth made him panic. Without a second thought, he dived inside the pool and swam towards her body at the bottom of the pool. Pulling her towards him, he held her and swam up the surface and out of the pool. He laid her on the floor beside the pool and sat beside her unconscious and not breathing figure.

He felt his heart speeding up looking at her pale face, still chest. Panic and worry bubbled in his blood like lava. Frantically he pressed his both palms on her chest and started doing CPR. But she was still. Nothing happened. Fear for the first time crept around his heart. His doe was not breathing. Is she gone? No, he wouldn't let that happen. He again performed CPR and after several tries, she coughed water. Coughing vigorously, she opened her eyes, and he sighed in relief. Patting her back gently, he soothed her coughing. With genuine worry and concern in his eyes, he asked softly,

"Are you okay, doe? Does it hurt anywhere?"

meeting his eyes, she saw the concern on his frowning face. She said nothing. Her heart was thudding against the ribcage. She faced death today and almost died. It was terrifying. She never wanted to experience it. Never. Under the water fighting for her every breath to live was frightening and her bones shook just remembering the horrifying nightmare of her life. She was shaking badly, not because of cold but fear. She was scared and the images of the dreadful five minutes of struggle kept flashing before her wet eyes. Shallow breaths passed through her nostrils and mouth, her lips quivering, eyes filled with tears, she felt horrible. It was traumatic. She can't help but cry out in agony. Clutching her wet sweatpants in a fierce grip, she wept pitifully.

Startled by her sudden crying, he felt guilty for some unknown reason. He never regretted his actions. Instead, he always felt proud to accomplish it. But right now, he feels like a complete jerk to make her go through such a life-and-death situation. Seeing her cry, his heart constricted, face frowned in sadness. He couldn't help but curse himself for going overboard in his anger. His doe was trembling and crying miserably. And he was the cause. He only wanted her to respect him and not feel traumatic.

Snatching the towels placed on the chair beside he wrapped them around her and pulled her to his chest. He hugged her tightly letting to cry on his chest. His heart ached with her every wail of pain. Whispering sweet nothings, he consoled her,

"Shhh, it's over doe, everything is fine"

"Stop crying, it's okay"

She cried hard, from the pain, fear, and dread she felt at that moment. And because of the person who was consoling and hugging her right now, she had to go through it. She wanted to slap him and push him away from her shouting that it was all his fault. But she couldn't, fearing he might do it again. And she felt drained and weak. Her nostrils and windpipe felt clogged. She was starting to notice her surroundings and slowly her cries subsides. Sniffling she pulled back from his arms.

Carefully he held her face in his palms and asked looking at her terrified eyes,

"Are you feeling fine now?"

she nodded looking down, she can't look at his face it makes her recall the supposed lesson he taught her. He was responsible for her condition and now playing concerned husband made her angry but she had no energy to fight him. How much more cruel will he get? She despised him from her very being.

Gently carrying her bridal style, he took her to the bedroom and then to the bathroom. Looking at her in his arms still trembling and holding around his neck, he felt his heart slowly relieving from the panic of her dying. He was grateful that she is fine. A thought of apologizing to her crossed his mind but he ignored it. No, he never apologizes, although what he did needed a lot more than a simple apology. Slowly he made her stand on the floor and started to prepare for her to take bath when he came inside the bathroom. When the water was warm enough, he turned to her saying,

"Take a bath, doe, you will feel better"

She nodded avoiding his eyes. Feeling warm lips on her forehead she clutched the towel tighter around her. After kissing her forehead he left the bathroom softly closing the door behind him.

She locked the door with trembling hands. Turning around she leaned against it. Sliding down to the floor, she sat pulling her knees to her chest and putting her head on it. More tears spilled from her eyes, her heart still racing. The vivid images still flashed in before her eyes. She almost died and thought she did when she passed out. He saved her. The one who almost killed her. Used her weakness against her. For what, to make her respect him? She wanted to laugh, badly. What a tragedy. Her fate played her badly. Who would have thought that the commanding, dominating Satan will drown her to death for disrespecting him? She still felt goosebumps on her skin, the cold water pricking her skin from all around, the barely visible surface, and water blocking her windpipe. Everything was so alive in her veins that it painfully hurt her everywhere. Every action of hers in the agonizing five minutes played again and again along with the emotions of dread in her head. She pitied herself. Sympathy for her pathetic self ran through her body. If only she knew to swim this must have been avoided. Or if only she respected him. The respect he doesn't deserve. But now she has to give him, the evil devil who ruined her life and after making it hell expects her to respect him, for what, for taking away her rights, kissing her forcefully, making her friend jobless, snatching her grandparent's shop and her father's job. She hates him. The words are not enough to describe the hate she feels.

A weird thought of accepting death to escape him crossed her mind while drowning which was tempting and she almost gave in but the thought of her parents stopped her and made her fight. She is a fighter and not a loser. And right now she is crying like a loser. No, she survived. She has many fights to win against him. She can't let him affect her. Today he won by making her respect him but not from the heart it is forceful. The fear of disrespecting him is engraved in her. He succeeded in doing it. But respecting him doesn't mean she surrendered, no she still will fight him. She is her parent's daughter who never learned to give up. She will show him that she is strong enough to face whatever he throws in her direction. She will make him pay for her every tear and pain. Not now but someday. The day when he will regret everything he did to her.

Wiping her tears, she stood up determinately with new resolve and strength. The time of wallowing in self-pity is over.

After getting fresh, Elijah came downstairs to prepare breakfast for both of them while she takes bath. He now felt normal. No guilt or weird things and feelings ran through his body. But somewhere in his body the flames of concern for her still burned. After almost coming to lose her because of his stupid anger, he realized one thing, he cared for her. When and how, doesn't matter. Now he can't bear to see her in any condition as of today. He thought of ignoring his newfound concern because it will in the end cause pain, like before and always. Therefore, he won't show her his concerns, ever. One slip-up is fine. Not anymore.