Chapter 34 Two sides of the coin

Third person's pov

Is it possible to feel rage on behalf of someone else? Meera didn't know how she should feel. Conflicted? Stupid? Or angry? Did she even deserve to feel these emotions? She has of her free will partnered with Evelyn to destroy Elijah. And the one who has hurt Elijah the most is also part of the so-called revenge game. One thing she was sure of; was to end all the drama and mess she has one way or other created and will not let Elijah get hurt.

So when the boiling lava in her blood was ready to erupt, she didn't stop it instead let it out willingly. She was utterly hurt imagining what her Eli has gone through because of the snake happily smiling along with Evelyn in front of her. Standing up, Meera walked and stopped in front of Evelyn and Mark who looked at her confused. Smiling, Meera forwarded her hand to Mark who first looked skeptical then understood and shook hands with Meera.

"Glad to finally meet you, Mark Alfonso"

With that being said, Meera threw a tight slap on his face. The sound was loud that it reverberated in the quiet lounge and the impact had her palm burning. The fire in her heart though was still alight. Her eyes were lit in fury. The slap was nothing compared to his wrongdoings. Never will.

Evelyn gasped in shock, covering her mouth with both hands. Seeing her boyfriend backhanded by Meera was unexpected and so sudden that she didn't know how to react. But when Meera slapped him again and again that she came to reality and pushed her away.

"Meera! Have you gone mad? What are you doing? Stop! "

Evelyn's yelling didn't faze Meera instead she got angrier that this snake has Evelyn brainwashed and under his control. Gaining the balance back of her body, she stood straight and glared at Mark who was looking head-on at her, standing behind Evelyn.

"It's you who has gone mad! Can't you see the true face of this snake Evelyn? Are you blind? "

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Not a word against Mark Meera. I am warning you. Not. A. Word. "

Evelyn fumed in anger and gritted out through clenched teeth. Meera understood that Evelyn had no idea of Mark's truth. He has her fooled. And because of her foolishness, Meera can't let Elijah get hurt. It's not acceptable. She will do anything to prevent it.

"Why? Does it hit home? You too know how he is Evelyn. It's not Elijah, it's him who killed his baby. Open your eyes and see the truth!"

"You know nothing! Elijah lied to you. He planned everything to separate me from Mark and used Angelina"

Meera saw Evelyn won't listen to a single word against Mark. Her attempts are futile. She has to do something else. But before she could proceed, the click of the door opening interrupted her and followed by the clicking of heels against the tiled floor. The person who entered the lounge had her double take. What was Evelyn doing? Turning to Evelyn Meera voiced out,

"What is the meaning of this Evelyn? What is she doing here? "

"What do you mean by what? She lives with us. We three are in a relationship"

Meera couldn't believe what she heard. To think Evelyn is her Eli's sister. Why was this so messed up? God! Meera wanted to beat the stupidity out of the brat that Evelyn is.

"Are you serious? You love the two people who hurt your brother the most. How can you look at them, Evelyn? Don't you feel disgusted? "

"Don't you feel disgusted to stay with Elijah after everything he did? "

Evelyn fired back equally angrier as Meera. She couldn't believe Meera had the audacity to hit her boyfriend and top of that questioned her judgementt. After finding love with the two people who stood by her side even after the things Elijah put them through, it was a wonder that they are still with her romantically.