Chapter 35 Us; together or apart?

Third person's pov

"Maa! I don't know what to do! "

Meera cried to her mother on the phone, leaning against the bedpost with head resting on the knees. The first thing after leaving the penthouse she did was to hide in the bedroom she shared with Elijah in his mansion. Spending the whole evening contemplating over the sides of the past from Evelyn and Elijah wrecked her brain into confusion. And having enough turmoil, she confided to her parents.

"Daughter, tell me. Is your love true and deep? "

"Yes, Baba! We love each other"

Meera replied instantly, having no doubt in mind. Her heart beats faster every time she thinks about her Eli. His presence, touch, and kisses light up her like a Christmas tree. She knows her Eli is not the greatest and kindest person out there but however he is she loves him. Love sees no boundaries and restrictions and the nature of the person. It happens when you least expect it. And her love story is no fairy tail with a prince charming. Rather her prince is no hero.

"When two people love each other, their honesty and faith bind them. If either one is fragile, a relationship can never sail in the vast ocean of life, my daughter. The boat will sink one day if you lose trust. If you believe son in law then whatever may be the problem, it will be solved with the strength of the love you have. Because love is the ultimate power of this universe "

"Yes, your mother is right. Trust your judgement. The world is full of lies. Even though I don't trust that man I want my daughter to be happy. So if your happiness is with him, you have our blessings, Meera. But I don't like how he is and what he did in the past though"

Meera teared up listening to her parents. She was nervous when she told them the whole truth from the moment they came back from Goa. She wanted her parent's approval before remarrying Elijah. One time is sufficient that they were not present at her wedding. As expected, they were furious and demanded her to leave him and come back at first. She couldn't blame them. No parent wanted their child to experience what she had to. She tried very hard to convince them. They didn't support her decisions. At last, surprising her Elijah had gone out of the way and sat down on his knees before her parents through video call and begged for forgiveness and approval. It was a shocking sight to see a powerful and wealthiest man bowing down who never begged to anyone before for anything. Still, her parents refused as they should. Elijah then promised to always keep her happy with his heart and soul. He gave them legal rights to punish him severely if he fails. Seeing his love and determination finally her parents agreed. Reluctantly though. They still don't trust him. And now listening to her father accepting her Eli filled the heart with overwhelming emotions.

"Maa, Baba, thank you so much for understanding and accepting Elijah. I know he is not the ideal husband you wanted for me but he cares, worries, and makes me happy. He loves me so much. And I do too. He has several shortcomings and is very possessive and dominating. And I accepted him with all that. I understand why he is this way. Not everyone understands him Maa, Baba. I need to, want to be beside him to show and live life with love"

"That's good. We are always with you, don't forget. And if you need and want to ask anything, don't hesitate. We love you so much, daughter. I hope you got what you were looking for"

Smiling softly Meera nodded, feeling her heart ease. The talk with her parents helped to see things clearly and mind processed everything properly. She now knows what to do.

"Yes Maa, Baba. I have decided. Thank you for helping me. If not for you I don't know. Maybe I would have done something wrong"

"It's our duty daughter, to guide you"