Chapter 29 The Promise

Third person's pov

"Do you even trust me, Meera?"

asked Elijah with contempt. He knew she didn't and her silence proved it. Shaking his head in disbelief, he continued,

"You won't believe me even if I tell you about my past. Why do you bother then?"

Meera bit her lips in thought. Elijah was right she doesn't trust him. Not entirely but slightly. Over these past few days, she saw a completely different side of him. He is passionate and so loving toward his loved ones. He treated her like a queen. He is protective and encouraging. Yes, he is overbearingly commanding and dominating but that's what makes him Elijah Ian Mancini.

"I want to trust you, Eli"

Meera said sincerely from her heart. She truly wants to. She wants to know him. Real him. All this time she has argued to herself that she didn't need to know him as she thought they are going to separate. But now, everything made her question herself. Was she doing right? Should she know the full story? Yes! Her subconscious told her firmly. Agreeing, she determined herself.

"I want that too, Meera"

said Elijah, his voice softening slightly.

"Doe. Call me doe"

demanded Meera not liking him calling her by name. She has grown to his endearment for her. And now him calling by her name irks her.

"And why is that, Meera? "

asks Elijah, amusement dancing in his eyes and voice. Meera swallowed down, feeling embarrassed. Softly looking down she muttered,

"I like it"

"What? I didn't hear you"

teases Elijah even though he heard her loud and clear, but secretly he wanted to hear it again. His heart bloomed with happiness after such a dreadful hour of his life. This is what she does to him. Her presence enough can soothe him, sane him, console him.

"I love it when you call me doe!"

slightly yelled Meera feeling irritated seeing him amused and teasing her. Both stared at each other for seconds. Slowly blush coated her cheeks red. Ducking her head down, she smiled shyly. Oh god! I said it out loud, she thought to herself. She felt a gentle finger under her chin which was then lifted upward. Her midnight black orbs collided with green eyes filled with happiness. Talk about mood change, she wondered.

"I love your blush, doe "

there, he called her doe. She smiled at him happily making Elijah's breath stuck in his throat in wonder. Her beauty always amazes him making him stare at her in wonderment. Leaning in, Elijah softly kissed her forehead lingering for seconds.

"You frustrate me to no end, doe"

"You do too"

both look each other in the eye and seconds later hug each other tightly.

"But I love you far, far more than you confuse and frustrate me doe"

confesses Elijah in a breathy voice. Sighing in contentment, Meera snuggles more into his embrace enjoying the moment and how her racing heart is thudding against her ribcage and the fluttering of butterflies in her stomach.

Savoring the moment, Elijah kisses her hair and closes his eyes, arms tightening around her.

They stood holding each other for a while silently. Meera knew it was wrong of her to accept his feelings seeing she is planning against him. But her heart wanted him. It lived the moment he confessed to her. Her heart was never been happier before. What were these feelings? Has she forgiven him for the things he has done? Is it why she doesn't feel revoked but instead happy with him? It all is confusing her. Right now it was time to tackle the big elephant in the room, not her jumbled thoughts, and feelings.